Energy dashboard - pull statistic(s) to be used in other templates

Is there any way the Energi dashboard statistics can be pulled in order to be used in other templates?

I woul like to pull the Energy Produced Cost on a daily basis, in order to create a template that tracks my total benefit of the solar panels, ie the direct benefit above as reimbursed by the electricity company, plus the benefit of the self-consumed energy, ie what I did not have to pay on my bill.

For the latter I already have a separate total increasing template, and I could use that as a template to mimic what the Energy dashboard already does, but that seems like a waste of resources to me.

You could create a SQL sensor and extract that from the db if you know how/where to find it (table)

In my quest of creating the self-consumed cost sensor I came across an external site using SQL pulls from Influx.
I/We migth have to resort to that kind of coding, although I’d prefer a more native way such as a traditional states(‘xyz’). I understand that HA is still on the geek-level, which includes/asumes native understanding of things like SQL, but at the same time I get the feeling that HA has the ambition to be as commonly available as the major commercial brands out there. If this is the case then your everyday Joe will not be as comfortable with Influx and SQL…

I’ll wait to see if any other solution is presented before marking your response as the solution.

If it is daily then you could store the data first in a template sensor (helper input_number) and reuse that one…but I guess you already thought of that

btw…there are plenty of other posts on the topic of costs / energy, have a look there (if not already done so)

The main thing here is that the Energy dashboard already calculates this, so why should I set up a second solution doing exactly the same thing?

You have a point there but … well… easy access to statistics isn’t there (yet)

1 Like