Energy dashboard question

Hello everyone,

I’m trying to get my Energy Dashboard to work.

First problem:
I do have an esphome configured device in place that bring a number of entities in HA like:

• sensor.consumption_high_tarif_sensor , nicely in kWh
  • sensor.consumption_low_tarif_sensor , nicely in kWh
  • sensor.gas_meter_m3_sensor , nicely in m3

But how do I get them into the dashboard?

Second problem:
Looking in the HA.log in the config directory I find these lines

> 2021-09-07 09:12:00 WARNING (Recorder) [homeassistant.components.sensor.recorder] The unit of sensor.daily_energy_peak (kWh) does not match the unit of already compiled statistics (None). Generation of long term statistics will be suppressed unless the unit changes back to None
> 2021-09-07 09:12:00 WARNING (Recorder) [homeassistant.components.sensor.recorder] The unit of sensor.daily_gas (m3) does not match the unit of already compiled statistics (None). Generation of long term statistics will be suppressed unless the unit changes back to None

I “grepped” all files in the config dir for sensor.daily_energy_peak and sensor.daily_gas and guess what, apart from the log-file these searched patterns do not appear in any .yaml file .

Third problem:
AFAIK it should be possible to configure individual devices that help to show the impact of the energy consumption. I have a couple of these BlitzWolf smart plugs, but how do I configure these into the energy dashboard ?

Help is appreciated, Yann

did you try the latest firmware?
see Slimmelezer - entities not in energy dashboard

Thank you Manfred.
Unfortunately I have my own version for the P1-slimme meter (using ESPhome) on propriety hardware. I guess that what you propose will not work.

But this is to me yet another example where this excellent software deviates from professional SW. These dependencies should have been documented.

Have fun, Yann

Unfortunately you need to edit the database file to fix this problem.
I’ve had to do this just tonight to fix a similar issue with an integration sensor.

Instructions on how to edit here:

Remember to shutdown HA before editing !!

My solution is:
the unit that measures (unit_of_measurement: ) m3the gas used is not m3 but it must be . Notice the notation of the 3