Energy Dashboard update interval

So I use the energy dashboard a lot, but why does it only update on an hourly basis?

It would make more sense to have the graphs (the current hour graph) update directly when the values tracked change. That way, you could look how much energy is purchased/sold/generated/stored whenever you want, not only after each hour is completed.

Also, it would be good if it was possible to define the interval of the billing. Several countries in the European Union have started preparations to change from hourly prices to 15 minute prices planned to be implemented in 2023 or 2024 it would be awesome if the energy dashboard could be customized of how long each measurement period should be with a default of 60 minutes.

It would be very nice if this would be customisable. Also while setting up, this could give insight into whether you did it good or not.

I totally agree. I would prefer toggling between an actual reading and e.g a 15 / 30 /60 Minutes intervall.

3 Likes

I totally agree.

+1. This would be a great feature, surprised it’s not already here. Looking at the energy dashboard during the day when the data is stale is less useful. The energy dashboard in itself very nicely done.

Perhaps? - is there a service/call that could be made by an automation to ‘poke’ the energy calculation, that we could then automate every 5 minutes or whatever ?? (I am assuming it would not be that easy as under the covers the calculation is probably hard coded to the ‘previous hour’, but I don’t know if that is the case or not)

Definitely upvoting this issue

Totally agree +1

This would be great if this can be customizable.

Here in Australia residential TOU is calculated on a 30 minute interval so it would be much easier to compare with the source of truth since it doesn’t matter what our figures are we need these to be as close as they can with the power company.

I know the downside is that even just changing to 30 minute intervals will double the amount of data but should be able to be combined easily in the long term data.

I can’t believe they didn’t include this from the get go. The graphics with the electron flow implies that this is realtime, not a snapshot. I have an emphase system that has similar graphics, but it updates every 5 minutes. I’d like my unit to update every second if possible.

How many beers do I need to by people to get the ball rolling?