Energy dashboard with DSMR-reader integration via MQTT save button disabled

Hi all,

I’ve done a few searches for my problem and possible solutions but there is so much to be found that I can’t determine on my own what is the culprit behind my issue. I have HA version 2024.5.4 running in docker. I also have DSMR-reader running in docker. This is using the P1 connection and sending its readings to HA via MQTT. I can see the DSMR Reader integration in HA is working; I see 81 entities. When I click on a random entity, I can see a current value and a history. So I guess the integration is in working order.

When I want to configure my Energy dashboard, I want to start by adding consumption and return to grid. I’m not sure if the “No matching statistics found” is an actual error because I’m using MQTT/DSMR-reader, not the P1-to-USB-into HA directly. But when I select an entity using the option “Use an entity with current price”, the save button stays disabled:

Even when I don’t select anything, like not tracking costs or “Use a static price” and try to enter any number, the save button stays disabled:

I have the same issue with adding an item in “Gas consumption” or “Solar panels”. I have checked the entities in Developer Tools → States and then filtered on DSMR entities and state_class for instance. This seems present, the unit_of_measurement is also present, as is the device_class. But I can’t save anything:

Does anyone have a clue what I can do/try/check?

Thanks in advance

Typical, after searching and searching and then deciding to write a topic on the community forum with my question and issue, I’m going to answer my own question and solve my own issue. So here’s my own solution to my own problem:

be sure that the recorder is allowed to save historical data. Based on previous experience on a much slower NAS I started using a new instance of HA with the recorder running on an include statement. I was missing a filter that didn’t include the DSMR-reader integration. I’ve added that and voila, save button works:

purge_keep_days: 14 # default is 10. auto_purge is enabled by default                                                                                                                                                                     
  commit_interval: 30 # default is 1s.                                                                                                                                                                                                      
  include:                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  
    domains:                                                                                                                                                                                                                                
      - switch                                                                                                                                                                                                                              
      - binary_sensor                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
    entity_globs:                                                                                                                                                                                                                           
      - sensor.battery_*                                                                                                                                                                                                                    
      - sensor.*battery_level                                                                                                                                                                                                               
      - sensor.*_battery                                                                                                                                                                                                                    
      - sensor.*_illuminance*                                                                                                                                                                                                               
      - sensor.*_linkquality                                                                                                                                                                                                                
      - sensor.*_occupancy                                                                                                                                                                                                                  
      - sensor.*_temperature                                                                                                                                                                                                                
      - sensor.*_temperature_calibrated                                                                                                                                                                                                     
      - sensor.*_humidity                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
      - sensor.*_light_level                                                                                                                                                                                                                
      - sensor.*_illuminance_lux                                                                                                                                                                                                            
      - sensor.*_pressure                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
      - sensor.*_power                                                                                                                                                                                                                      
      - sensor.*_energy                                                                                                                                                                                                                     
      - sensor.dsmr_*                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
      - sensor.envoy_*                                                                                                                                                                                                                      
      - sensor.inverter_*                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
~