Energy distribution total wrong

I’ve noticed this for a while but have only not got round to posting!

On both the homepage and the energy dashboard I’ve found the total for the home only seems to include electricity and not gas - the individual sub-totals are fine but they don’t seem to be added together - instead the electricity number is copied across from Grid to Home and Gas is ignored. Is there anything I need to do to fix this or is there a known issue? (I tried to search but mainly found posts about those with solar).

Gas is most likely expected to be m3, so it cannot be added. Some countries that supply different caloric values gas charge per kWh, but that is not the case everywhere. But if you have it in kWh, it’s is unintuitive to add it. I guess the energy dashboard makers didn’t anticipate on this.

Interesting, thanks @Edwin_D - I assumed if anything the kWh would be easier for them to add as the conversion has already been done, whereas if m^3 then it would need calorific value, etc. Anyone know how to file a bug report re it?

1 Like

I was wondering if there has been any progress on the above mentioned issue, the energy distribution card ignores the usage of gas. Even when gas is converted from m3 to kWh.

At first I had gas in m3 (read from the meter). The usage shows up, but it isn’t included in coloured circle, showing the split:

This makes sense, as m3 has to be converted to kWh, which depends on some variables. Therefore, I added a template sensor, calculating the gas consumption in kWh, based on the m3-sensor. I changed the dashboard source input for gas. The consumption now shows up in kWh:

But still the gas consumption (kWh) - is not included in the kWh-split.

Would be nice to have this corrected.

And when the gas consumption is available in kWh, it could be added to the energy-usage card. This gives a completer view of the energy consumption during the day, and a better insight in how to optimize the use. In the graph below, dark-blue is gas, light blue is electricity:

Would be nice when gas is plotted in the standard colour for gas:

Of course, one should avoid double counting in the total energy usage and the energy split.

Would this be possible?

1 Like