Suggestion to improve energy dashboard: energy-distribution to include gas

Hi all,

Since a few weeks, I’ve a running HomeAssistant. My plan: to optimize our energy usage. We have a heat pump (Stiebel Eltron), solar panels and a small gas-fired burner to supply the higher temperatures.

Anyway, I started with setting up the energy dashboard using a ‘slimme_meter’ taking the readings of our electricity- and gas meter. I found out, like others did before, that the gas consumption is treated completely different as electricity. Even when the gas consumption is specified in kWh.

To get a better insight in when which form of energy is used and how much, I would like to see in one graph the electricity consumption and production, plus the gas consumption (all in kWh). The energy usage graph in the standard dashboard could be used for that already (dark-blue = electricity consumption, light-blue = gas, orange = solar production):

NB: i made a template sensor to convert gas consumption in m3 to kWh.
This is the corresponding gas consumption (in m3), as read from the meter:

Suggestion 1: to feature gas as energy source in the energy-usage graph, with the same colour as in the gas-consumption graph.

A more fundamental thing is the energy-distribution, which is incomplete - or incorrect - when gas is a part of the energy mix, see:

I think it should be relatively easy to implement gas consumption in the energy distribution.

Suggestion 2: to include gas consumption (kWh) in the energy-distribution card.

Anybody else who would like to have these features?

1 Like

I agree with Leon, it would be interesting to add gas as energy source in the energy-usage graph and update the energy distribution showing to total energy consumption of the house including gas + electricity.
It would be also interesting to be able to choose the type of fossil energy used, as gas or fuel oil, and to calculate the low-carbon energy usage including carbon from gas or fuel oil