Energy group values at reboot are wrong

I have a helper group of energy sensors that sums up the energy usage for all (well, most) lights around the house. It just doesn’t make sense to present them individually on the energy dashboard.
Problem is, when I reboot HA the helper group shows a very low value and then jumps up to the correct one immediately. I’m guessing that when all the individual sensors are not yet initialized (most are via Zigbee2MQTT) the helper counts them as being zero. This then becomes a problem on the energy dashboard showing that my lights have consumed a few thousand kWh’s in an instant, as the actual values are restored for the sensors.

Any suggestions?

Well I have a solution: For a sensor group you can do this:
If ignore_non_numeric is false then group state will be unavailable if one member is unavailable or does not have a numeric state.

I had it set to true. That meant it subtracted the unavailable sensors and then re-added them when they had numeric values just as I suspected. I changed it to false and now the group becomes “unavailable” and never has the wrong value. I guess the draw back from this is that if any one of the sensors in the group fails the group does too.