Energy integration with Tibber, negative values as accumulated sensor resets daily

Hello.
I’ve googled around a bit, but haven’t found anybody commenting on this specific behavior. Which probably means I’m doing something basic wrong.

I have Tibber Pulse, and I am using as the source of my energy dashboard (total consumption). I found some forum post to use the "accumulated consumption " as data source.
However, this is a sawtooth patterned data (I can see from the history), resetting per day. And then the energy dashboard shows a large negative value (but I’m definitely not producing any power), as you can see below:

Any pointers on what I am doing wrong?

Hi.

I had the same issue.

The issue, as I understand it, is that the Tibber sensor.accumulated_energy_consumption_your_home, is reset every night. This is not expected. This sensor should have been named accumulated_energy_consumption_current_day_your_home… Because it is not accumulating forever, as the current name suggests.

I have worked around this by adding my own accumulating sensor for this by adding the following to my configuration.yaml, that tracks the Tibber sensor named sensor.power_your_home:

sensor:
  - platform: integration                                                      
    source: sensor.power_your_home
    name: energy_spent_your_home         
    unit_prefix: k                  
    round: 2

Then, after a reboot of HA, and waiting for 15-20 minutes, it started tracking this, and you can add it to the energy setup. Important notice. As long as this sensor is unavailable (first 15-20 minutes after reboot), you cant find it in the Energy setup.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

It was a bug in the Tibber integration. It is fixed in 2022.2

1 Like

Thanks for the help! I’ll try out the fix coming in 2022.2, if not, I will use this :slight_smile:

I’m seeing this behavior for the first time with my setup - starting at 16th of September. I haven’t changed anything on that particular day. I updated HA to 2023.9.2 two days before, but nothing since…

Running on a RaspberryPi 4b
Home Assistant 2023.9.2
Supervisor 2023.09.2
Operating System 10.5
Frontend 20230911.0

Any ideas where this problem might come from?

edit: I was able to replace the “sensor.accumulated_consumption_XYZ” with another one that works as expected. Funny thing: I only see that new sensor in the energy dashboard and not as an entity in the Tibber integration or anywhere else… maybe the problem is sitting on front of the computer in my case. :see_no_evil:

edit2: The name of that new sensor is “tibber:energy_consumption_LONGUUID” - is that new or did I miss that the entire time?