Energy kWh view?

Hi,
I use the Home Energy Meter Gen5 to measure electricity consumption. It is clearly visible in HA, and I can see the “A” and “V” data, BUT, nothing is displayed for the kVarh and kWh data.

example kVarh :

example kWh (not correct)

Have you an idea to correct that ?
Thanks

I guess I have part of the answer:
There is a difference between power (W) and energy (W/h)
The measurement here is for the consumption of a hot water tank.
I therefore assume that the kW/h display is correct since the power supply to the heating resistor is not permanent…

The fact remains that I don’t understand the display in “W” of “home_energy_meter_gen5_electric_consumption”
This is almost instantaneous power, but the values ​​displayed are too low (5 - 15W while the indication “home_energy_meter_gen5_electric_consumption” indicates “3A” - which should give +/- 720 W ? - 240v in Europe)
Where is the error?
Thanks

I’d look at the device configuration and make sure you have it setup to report data periodically.

Hi PeteRage,

here are the settings :

But maybe there is another setting that I am forgetting ?

And more information :

Voltage is correct :

Amperage is correct I believe :

Power consumed at incorrect scale? Why ?

and in summary, we see that the power consumed does not correspond to the current consumed, why?

thanks

You may want to follow up with Aeotec support - it looks like a device issue,

The other choice is to calculate watts yourself using a sensor template that multiplies current * voltage

yes, I contacted them, but I think I discovered the reason for the problem :wink:
In fact the clamp was placed between the outlet of the Power Reducer 4-Noks and the hot water tank.
I think that to obtain the power modulation to be supplied to the tank (depending on the production of the solar panels), there is a hash and that HME does not like in its measurements!
so I placed the clamp before the Power Reducer and now it’s ok :slight_smile:
In picture :

Thanks PeteRage