Energy Management in Home Assistant

I’m totaly lost, I can setup all the sensors: DSMR, Fronius, Shelly’s.
There are energy values kWh in each sensor, only the Energy screen stays empty.
Even if I wait for more than 3 hours…
The entity attributes are complete.
Please advice.

This appears to be targeted at people with grid-tied systems and I guess it is a great step forward for them. I hope development will soon make it useful for those who are off-grid and those who are using battery backup.

Kudos for the good works.

1 Like

hi i have a SolarEdge
it gives the data to Home assistant with SolarEdge modbus but I don’t get any data to the Energy management tool
does anyone have this working already?

SolarEdge Modbus is a custom integration, please request that with the custom integration author, as the integration needs to be adjusted to work with this.

Works fine with my Utility Meter integration. However I though, why keep that when this basically does the same.

So I found this thread Energy: Not showing the expected entities for consumption with instructions to add my “total energy” sensors:

homeassistant:
  customize_glob:
    sensor.<total consumption, returning & solar generated sensors>:
      last_reset: '1970-01-01T00:00:00+00:00'
      device_class: energy
      state_class: measurement

And yes, they showed up, so I could select them in the energy configuration. However nothing is showing up in the Energy panel now (i.e. empty graphs). How long to wait before stuff should show up? Until the next day?

Never mind, karma strikes again. As soon as I posted this. The first bar appeared :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I would not recommend that, especially not using globs, as it is not universal. Additionally, please make sure the entities do NOT reset with those values.

So how should I do it?

Add work into adding actual support to those integrations. Report those, or contributing to actually adding support for them.

1 Like

Small chance I fear. Values are published on MQTT. Can I rewrite the sensor definition so they’ll work. It now looks like this:

- platform: mqtt
  name: Totaal verbruik net laag tarief
  unit_of_measurement: "kWh"
  state_topic: "sensors/power/slimme_meter/verbruik_laag_tarief"
  value_template: "{{ value|float / 1000 }}"

I’ll check the goodwe component creator if he’s planning to update that.

1 Like

You can add the last_reset_topic and last_reset_value_template to those.

Ok now I got it, thanks for the help. Strange thing is that I could not add the parameters directly to the sensor but like that:

homeassistant:
  customize_glob:
    sensor.*_total:

Note that my relevant sensor names all end with “_total”, so if somebody wants to adopt that you should change your sensor names or the definition in the snipet above.

2 Likes

I don’t really understand what they should be if I cannot use ‘1970-01-01T00:00:00+00:00’ for last_reset_topic as you said. Let alone what value this attribute should have last_reset_value_template

At the moment this leads to an error, see this thread: https://community.home-assistant.io/t/energy-not-showing-the-expected-entities-for-consumption/326880. I guess it is a bug, where/how could we report this?

Edit, never mind, I found it on GitHub, will report it in “core”.

Apologize being late to the party.
Any chance that EmonCMS becomes supported?
Being one of the leading Open Source monitoring Package it is a shame it is not

5 Likes

I am already tracking most of my devices for power consumption via sonoff POWs installed between those devices and power grid. I have detailed current energy usage (W) and a history for yesterday and last 30 days (KWh). Is there a way to import that data to HA Energy Management? Do I need to set unit of measurement somehow?

4 Likes

Are there any schematics for SlimmeLezer?
I have a p1 to usb cable and plenty wemos D1’s

1 Like

I think this is working for getting data from Powerwall setup

template:
  - sensor:
    - name: Powerwall Energy Consumption Site
      state: "{{ state_attr('sensor.powerwall_site_now', 'energy_imported_(in_kW)') | float | round(0) }}"
      unit_of_measurement: 'kWh'

- name: Powerwall Energy Loading Site
      state: "{{ state_attr('sensor.powerwall_site_now', 'energy_exported_(in_kW)') | float | round(0) }}"

- name: Powerwall Solar Generated Site
      state: "{{ state_attr('sensor.powerwall_solar_now', 'energy_exported_(in_kW)') | float | round(0) }}"

I then had to go and add to the states manually, since I get errors when trying to do it in the template

last_reset_value_template: '1970-01-01T00:00:00+00:00'

Reported! Can't set last_reset value for MQTT sensor · Issue #53988 · home-assistant/core · GitHub

Frank
we are missing tons of device coming with Solaredge integration… I have both Solaredge standard integration and modbus one.

Missing a lot…

1 Like