Energy management system

A really usefull feature would be a kind of a energy management system for heaters, EV-chargeing and other switchable loads in combination with a Photovoltaik system (or maybe variable power prices).

Certainly +1

a prepackaged addition to the HA Energy Management system would be perfect, but it is all achievable via automations, that should be suited to your use case.
One compregensive example is presented in this video youtube

HI, maybe something to look into. I packed up what i have used in the last year. GitHub - gsaurer/ha-ems: Energy managemnt system for Home Assistant

I am interested in an energy management system. My biggest challenge is that my energy devices are disparate.

• 2.8kW solar: string inverter; access data with UDP commands (no longer supported)
  • 4.2kW solar: Enphase micro-inverters; access data with wget
  • Heat pump: Bryant; access data via cloud (maybe) proprietary
  • Heat pump water heater: AO Smith; access data via cloud (maybe) proprietary
  • EV charger: ?; access data from TED (The Energy Detective) energy monitor with arcane API (no longer supported)
  • Grid meter: SDG&E; access data with Universal Devices ISY994i (no longer supported
  • kitchen appliances (dishwasher, stovetop, oven, microwave, washer, dryer, refrigerator) no support.

I’d like to see a forum or committee to support the unsupported. I could see starting with three working groups:

• protocol: how to organize data so EMS can present it coherently
  • Support for the unsupported (how to get the data … Emons?)
  • Demystification of proprietary protocols

Thanks

OSD

The blueprints i have created are using a completely different set of devices as well Solar is Huawei, charger is go-e, different Tuya sensors as well as other devices.
Would be happy to participate in a forum or committee to start this going.