Energy: no data to show - tried everything

I use SlimmeLezer to extract the power- and gas usage. But despite all the attempts to integrate this with the energy dashboard and all the posts about this subject I’ve read, I keep getting the message “There is no data to show”.

My Set-up:

  • Slimme lezer
  • Maria DB
  • InfluxDB/Grafana

I have added to my configuration.yaml:

      last_reset: '1970-01-01T00:00:00+00:00'
      device_class: energy
      state_class: measurement    
      last_reset: '1970-01-01T00:00:00+00:00'
      device_class: energy
      state_class: measurement    

This way the sensors became visible in the energy setup.
I have included the sensors in the recorder-sections:

  db_url: mysql://homeassistant:****pwd*****@core-mariadb/homeassistant?charset=utf8mb4  
  commit_interval: 5
        ## Energy
        - sensor.energy_consumed_tariff_1
        - sensor.energy_consumed_tariff_2

The measurements are visible in the MariaDB in the state-table and in the InfluxDB as one of the entity_id’s beneath kWh.
When I look at the sensor information in the Developers tools/states, I see

state: 1086.118

State attributes:

state_class: measurement
unit_of_measurement: kWh
device_class: energy
friendly_name: Energy Consumed Tariff 1
last_reset: '1970-01-01T00:00:00+00:00'

…but still no data shown in the Energy dashboard :frowning:
(and yes, I have waited more than 2 hours for data to show up)

You appear to be configuring your sensors based on outdated information.

You dont need a last_reset, delete it. Your state_class should be total_increasing.

Such a simple solution and you don’t want to know how much time I spent to find it.