Energy Smart Meter Integration

Got an update from ReAmped, waiting on capacity ETA.

Any update on this? Thanks.

Greetings @Hufflepuff-source which part were you looking for an update?

Hi @gregoinc how is your Eagle 200 integration going? Still working well? Has it given you more clarity on your energy usage over something like a web portal from an energy provider or supplier?

I’m in VIC with Citipower and looking at getting one myself to integrate into HA.

Do you also have local meters on different appliances etc to see what is drawing the most power? I’m interested in this but not sure if I’m heading in the right direction.

I keep getting power bills that say I’m using the equivalent of 5+ people but there are only 2 of us. I have a fair bit of tech around, but still…

I have a smart meter here in Canada which supposedly I can connect to wirelessly, but rigging it up with a phototransistor and an ESP took about an hour and has worked flawlessly for a couple of years now.
I had to put a black cover over the meter because when the sunlight hits it in the morning the readings went crazy!

Hi @spanishsoul

The Eagle has been solid, and provides excellent data. The part that I like the most, the data is in real time. I cannot speak highly enough of Rainforest and their products. During the chip shortage Rainforest went out of their way to find a unit and ship it to me.

Thanks, Mark

That’s great to hear - I’m definitely going to look into it now!

Any idea if your meter has had the recent communication upgrade?
There was someone running around installing new modules the other day here. They didn’t know how it changed the communications or if it was still zigbee.

https://www.ausnetservices.com.au/en/Electricity/Meter-Data/New-Folder/Smart-Meter-Upgrade

Haven’t heard about any upgrades to my meter. Of course the power company could do that… but I’d be surprised if they did without customer communications… and would be even more surprised if they killed the zigbee functionality. But who knows when $$ are concerned :crazy_face:

Yeah, we had some snail mail about it prior. I should have taken a photo of the module. They cut the black flat mount antenna connection off, then pop the new module in. Seems abit silly to no longer have the antenna no longer outside of the metal switch box.

Perhaps they changed to more enhanced mesh networking that doesn’t need as strong of an antenna.
The tech installing had no idea what was changing. He said he just puts them in.