EnergyScore

You need to be on version 0.3.0 or above for nordpool to give you more accuracy on energyscore. From your attributes it seems like you are not, please check HACS for update and reboot HA afterwards.

1 Like

Major refactoring in the latest release. EnergyScores are from v0.4.0 rolling over the last x hours (with x=24 currently) instead of day-by-day.

1 Like

Version 1.0.0 is here! Config Entry (user interface setup) is now supported!

1 Like

Hi
May I suggest just a small improvement in the apex-chart?
Perhaps since you are not using the historic value there is no need to create a template with a state to visualize?

So my suggestion is:

1. skip the sensor
  2. change the apex-series to get the attribute and transform directly in the apex-series:
      - entity: sensor.pwrctrl_energyscore_total
        attribute: quality
        transform: "return x * 100;"

which for me gives this graph:

and thanks for the great contribution :wink:

Hi
Totally agree, a graph/bar view of past days/months for each sensor would be lovely.
And what is actually the day’s score? is it the score for the last hour of the day that is the total score for the day?? - not sure I fully understand the logic - but seems intreaguing in the world of #becausewecan :wink:

For shure I’ll be watching for future updates and perhaps read a bit better the actual documentation :sunglasses:

Brilliant! I have updated the example with this improved version!

My intention with the EnergyScore is mainly to verify optimisation efforts to see what is working and what is not. Due to using a lot of time on developing the integration I have not explored too much on how to visualise this in a good way yet.

I did start some testing yesterday though, when I set up a new automation that blocks the immersion heater in my boiler in the most expensive hours of a given day. I think that trending the average energyscore before and after such an implementation will provide me with answer if its working as intended (and thus saving me money). Yesterday I got the highest average energyscore for the week at 83%.

I still need to experiment with this more, maybe minimum of the day is better than average? Another thing that is not captured in the EnergyScore now is that if an automation delays (or accelerates) energy usage and it results in cumulative more energy used it is not necessarily good… Still think it’s good to have a score to verify effect of optimisation!

Hi, I tested as well with a statistic graph and it turned out pretty ok. Averege, min and max per day over 30 days…

Awesome, did you do something to optimise your energy usage during the last 14 days period or is the increased score just statistical coincidence?

I have controlled the heatpump a bit more strict due to higher energy prices, but I think the score is easier to reach if the differences in price between highest and lowest are significant. It also might help if the lowest prices are similar to get an even floor, as with the higest prices to get an even roof.

Agree, I have something in the backlog on the price sensitivity - not sure how to deal with it yet. I also think that the absolute price could be part of the score sensitivity somehow.

Hi, got some errors after upgrading to 2023.2
Is it something to do with python 3.9?

Platform error sensor.energyscore - cannot import name ‘Optional’ from ‘homeassistant.helpers.typing’ (/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/typing.py

Ah, found the critical update. Good work!

1 Like

I implemented an optimisation of my immersion heater in my combined heat pump/boiler system on January 20th. The EnergyScore had been running for a time before that so it was now time to look if the change was significant. You can see that this optimisation has been quite effective as the EnergyScore is significantly higher after the optimisation than before. You can see the better score on both daily averages of the score and the weekly averages, but I think especially the latter is good!

Version 1.3 was just released. EnergyScore now comes with two new sensors, cost and potential savings!

1 Like

Thank you for sharing Lunken. Great graph. Can you share how you created this graph?

great contribution. I noticed the graph requires a sensor ‘power savings percentage’. How is this calculated and what would be the best way to define that sensor?

That is the EnergyScore sensor, it’s value is between 0 and 100%

Hello. Thanks for putting together your integration. Does “Price entity” work on 1hr blocks or 30 min blocks? If the former, would you consider a future update to include 30 min blocks for pricing? My UK energy provider (Octopus) provides 30 min pricing. Thanks in advance.

In Finland they are going to take 15min blocks in use at near future. Maybe that could be in configuration?