Enerwave ZW500D Dimmer Switch

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f739e76edc8>

I’m moving my z-wave components over from a Vera to an Aeotec Z-Stick Gen5. Everything is working but the 3 dimmers (Enerwave ZW500D) transition slowly and HA was having trouble showing the proper state. If I turned one of the dimmers on, the lovelace entity would show on briefly, then switch back to off even though the light was on. Same problem in reverse when turning the switches off.

I dug around in Google and found someone dealt with this issue by overriding some values in configuration.yaml (I had done all my z-wave configuration via the GUI up to this point).

zwave:
  device_config:
    light.path_light:
      refresh_value: true
      delay: 3
    light.patio_lights:
      refresh_value: true
      delay: 3

Those are just sample entities, but it shows what I did. While this does seem to allow HA to show the proper state, it’s a little awkward. When I turn on the light via one of the entity sliders, the slider goes to on, then after about 1-2 seconds, it switches back to off, then after my delay, it switches back to on. The light actually does take about 3 seconds to transition from off to on and vice-versa.

Again, same behavior when I turn it off. Is that the best I’m going to be able to do? Is there some other way to deal with this issue? I’m running hassio on a Pi. HA version 0.114.4.