Enigma2 receivers integration

Hi

That’s exactly want I need.

I can see you are not using my custom_component, but rather, the default component from Home Assistant.

Quelle: components/enigma2/config_flow.py:93

My custom_component: https://github.com/cinzas/homeassistant-enigma-player

Enigma standard component: https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/enigma2/

Cheers

Ok, thanks for reply.
I will try that, but before i have to learn how install it.

Greets Jürgen

Hi Cinzas

great, it works.
Thank you for your patience and support.

greetings Jürgen

Pardon my ignorance, but are there any differences between the two integrations? I’d imagine yours has more features?

Hi @iona ,

To be honest, it’s been a while since I tested the default integration.
Default integration is easier to install, and may be enough for most of the people.

My custom integration allows you to choose between channel icon or screenshot of what is playing.
But I think the best feature is that it allows you to send text notifications to the enigma receiver.

Cheers

2 Likes

Yeah that is true. Messages are great! Thanks @cinzas But what I really miss is providing ids to entities so I can use them with assits and availability to add entitites from UI so I can reload them when HA being restarted while they deep sleep…

V1.9 has been causing the disk to spin in the top corner of the TV screen and is slow to respond to all commands if I turn the receiver off and back on again.

Logger: homeassistant.helpers.entity
Source: helpers/entity.py:942
First occurred: 3 October 2024 at 14:38:37 (1874 occurrences)
Last logged: 21:12:52

Update for media_player.alien2br fails
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 942, in async_update_ha_state
    await self.async_device_update()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 1300, in async_device_update
    await self.async_update()
  File "/config/custom_components/enigma/media_player.py", line 219, in async_update
    await self.load_sources()
  File "/config/custom_components/enigma/media_player.py", line 154, in load_sources
    reference = urllib.parse.quote_plus(await self.get_bouquet_reference())
                                        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/config/custom_components/enigma/media_player.py", line 176, in get_bouquet_reference
    return soup.find('e2servicereference').renderContents().decode('UTF8')
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'renderContents'

Anyone else had this problem?

enigma:
    devices:
      - host: 192.168.1.5
        name: Alien2BR
        picon: picon
        timeout: 20
        username: root
        password: !secret alien2BR_password

I’ve noticed if I change channel it settles down.

Now you can provide ids to entities :slight_smile:

Hi @Spiro

In this new version I have integrated the requests from @hoffmann202.

• if a box is not online and HA is restarting then the entity is missing because on HA start the call request will fail and therefore the entity will never added. if the box is back online, a HA restart is neccecary to get the entity available again
    this is fixed: call request is now in a try/except block
  • load_source was only called on HA start. this is. now trigged every time a box pwstate is changed from offline to online
    improvement
  • async_update → pwstate will prevent creation of entity. if box is unreachable, powerstate_soup.find(‘e2instandby’).renderContents() is thrown an error.
    try/except block will handle this behavior

I believe this could be because of the load_source, that is called at each powerstate change.

Would be great if you could provide more logs.
MAke sure the configuration is correct, do a clean restart of HA and check if you can access the box from HA.

Check if the bouquets are being loaded correctly

I turned of the enigma2 box and restarted HA. When HA restarted I turned on the box. When it loaded up the circle would spin for about 2 seconds then off for 2 seconds then back on. All commands on IR respond slowly.

Source: helpers/entity.py:942
First occurred: 10:24:09 (6 occurrences)
Last logged: 10:25:19

Update for media_player.alien2br fails
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 942, in async_update_ha_state
    await self.async_device_update()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 1300, in async_device_update
    await self.async_update()
  File "/config/custom_components/enigma/media_player.py", line 219, in async_update
    await self.load_sources()
  File "/config/custom_components/enigma/media_player.py", line 154, in load_sources
    reference = urllib.parse.quote_plus(await self.get_bouquet_reference())
                                        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/config/custom_components/enigma/media_player.py", line 176, in get_bouquet_reference
    return soup.find('e2servicereference').renderContents().decode('UTF8')
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'renderContents'

Source: helpers/entity.py:1270
First occurred: 10:24:31 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 10:24:31

Update of media_player.alien2br is taking over 10 seconds

Can’t see any other logs enteries connected to the box.
The enigma2 media card was greyed out and if I clicked on 3 dots in top right it remained grey but opened up. No channel bouqets had loaded.
This circle on/off would continue until using the IR remote I changed the channel twice. Then the circle went and card lit up and bouqet appeared and I could pick a channel from the card.
If I restart the box again it comes up with media card working. If I put in standby and come out of it the card works.
If there is anything else you want me to report on let me know. I can live with pressing channel selection twice and improvement on having to restart HA with the box already on.

I hope I’m allowed to post this here, but it fits in well with the enigma2 theme: I once made a remote control for my Duo2, here