Enocean: Improve integration & new devices

Enocean is a well designed protocol and widely used for professional home automation. Sadly, the enocean implementation is on hold and seems not to be developed any further. There are a lot of devices missing, and that is pretty sad. For example, I own some of these devices currently still running an my homee.

• my Hora SmartDriveMx valves (EEP A5-20-04) not supported
  • 10 bit EEP for enocean temp/humidity sensors (EEP A5-04-03) not supported
  • Binary window sensors (EEP D5-00-01)

Please improve the enocean implementation, would support and test and donate if required.

Same here.

I’m aware the current implementation lacks EEP handlers, and I’m aware it’d be a LOT of work to complete this baby.

On the other hand, just adding a generic HA event with the sensor’s raw response would allow the non-coding user to handle many sensors by themselves.

I’d rather work with something like that instead of building “chinese whispers” like kludges with MQTT / Node Red and other stuff I don’t need.

What exactly is the issue here, anyway?
Lack of a developer in charge?
Lack of manpower at all?
Most certainly not lack of interest on behalf of the users…

Somebody have mercy with us EnOceanists, please :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I am not sure, I guess at the current state we are a minority. But the Hora SmartDrive valves are pretty good, it is one of the last things missing in HA… would allow to shut down my homee, which is only handling these last enocean devices. And heh, they are f… expensive, I wo t buy new ones just because they are not supported.
Would be willing to help, as far as I know the enocean Python lib is now in Version 0.6, but 0.5 is used. And some profiles seems to be supported: https://github.com/kipe/enocean

Hi there,
I can only totally agree. It’s worth spending effort to implement the missing EEPs natively into HA instead of connecting FHEM or other instances via MQTT. Since multiple EEPs are working fine already, this should be feasible. The Eltako TF-FTSB (EEP A5-04-02) is working instanly in HA. So there is a way.
At the moment I’m looking into D5-00-01. A user here said, he implemented it as well easily. Unfortunately I did not work for me so far.
Again, I’d like to contribute finalizing enocean implementation in HA.
Kind regards

Problem seems to me: Noone here really uses Enocean because its mostly useless and everyone getting serious with it has FHEM or OpenHAB (so they will never show up here to vote).

Its not only the missing EEPs, its also missing write support if I am not mistaken?
It really drives me nuts to think that I only use HA for “Viewing” while the important work will soon be done by something out of the 90ies (FHEM) or out of Java-hell (OpenHAB).

What I (personally) would need is support for the Eltako FGW14-USB or at least sending wireless telegrams to get blinders and more importantly the heating into a “smart” state.

Unfortunately I am no coder, but I am very willing to give money and testing ressources to anyone capable of doing it.

I got the whole range of Eltako BR14 products installed and hooked to a Pi (doing not much besides listening to the broadcasts), ready for serious testing.

Hi there,

I also just bought a binary window sensor and found that it was not supported. I added some code to sensor.py to get that one to work.
I don’t own any of the other devices, so I’m afraid I can’t be of assistance here.

https://community.home-assistant.io/t/enocean-add-support-for-1bs-data-frames-rorg-0xd5/177218