Enocean Temperature A5-04-01 wrong readings

Hi,
I was trying to add a humidity & temperature sensor (A5-04-01) via enocean to HA, and stumbled over a few problems.

1. The documentation is wrong.
    https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/enocean/ states variables “range_max” and “range_min” while the sourcecode reveals they are named “range_from” and “range_to”.

However the sensor gives me weird readings with default range and with recommended range setting (0 to 250) from the website.
Without Range, Temperature is stuck at 23 (should be more like 18-19)
With rangesetting, Temperature jumps from 11.2 to 21 (celsius) within minutes and back. both values are probably wrong.

Humidity seems to be stuck at 97% (normal room, winter). So there seems to be something wrong I guess.

Unfortunately I only have one such sensor, so I cannot guarantee that its working properly. However its new from the box at least.

Has anyone implemented Enocean successfully and especially has anyone success with this sensor? I find a few troubled persons, but most have more serious trouble than me. I mean…I got some value out of it at least. :slight_smile:

Thanks for your help!

The good news is that you can fix the documentation yourself:

Get involved and help the community by giving back.

The bad news is that I don’t have this device and can’t help with your other problems.

Hi, thanks for your reply! I got ill, so my reply is kind of late…
I did not want to change the documentation right away as I am new to HA, so I prefer to ask, before I “fix” things that might be my own error. Now someone fixed the docs :slight_smile:

To my main problem:
The jumping temperature and the weird humidity fixed themselves after some time, so I guess it was the sensor playing up (room change, heat from hands or whatever). The numbers look valid now.
Still it would be nice to find someone using HA with enocean and especially Eltako that could help me with getting some other stuff to work. When I am more confident about my setup. of course I am very willing to contribute to the docs.