Entities Card 'Format' Variable Broken?

A recent update seems to have broken the ‘format’ configuration variable for the entities card for me.
Is anyone else seeing this issue?

type: entities
entities:
  - entity: sensor.date_time
    format: time

This should show only the time, but any format value set seems to be ignored; the full date and time is shown. Issue is present on a fresh Hass OS install.

(sensor.date_time is not my actual sensor)

According to the documentation, format is meant to be used with a sensor whose device_class is set to timestamp. Is that how your sensor.date_time is configured?

Odd. Forcing the device_class to timestamp for that sensor does fix the “issue”.
I’m 90% certain this was working on my actual sensors until a recent update, but the documentation isn’t wrong…

Glad to hear it solves the problem.

Please consider marking my post above with the Solution tag. It will automatically place a check-mark next to the topic’s title which signals to other users that this topic has been resolved. This helps users find answers to similar questions.

For more information, refer to guideline 21 in the FAQ.

Having changed nothing apart from updating to a newer version, the issue is resolved; setting “format: time” will only show the time-part of the sensors again.