Entities removed from HA Cloud - Google Assistant sync remain in Google Assistant

Is anyone else having issues with removing entities from the Google Assistant sync offered through Nabu Casa?

On Thursday I removed some command-line switches from my configuration and introduced a TP-Link strip integration. This left me with a number of issues in my Google Home setup through the Nabu Casa / Home Assistant Cloud dashboard, specifically:

1. Zombie devices: the command line switches were not removed
  2. Duplicate devices: the TP-Link strip switches were synced with their initial default entity names and their subsequent new (renamed) names

Multiple attempts to clean this up using sync functionality from both sides (phone and Home Assistant) made no difference.
After leaving it 24 hours until Friday I then removed the hass.io integration from my Google Home, which proved problematic to the extent that I took the nuclear option and built a new Google Home completely. This took several hours.

After this clean up I now have the correct devices in place again, however there seems to be an outstanding issue with the sync process not removing entities at the Google end to match changes at the HA end.

Specifically, on Saturday morning I removed 3 scenes using the HomeAssistant ‘manage entities’ facility, and now on Sunday afternoon they remain listed under the Google Assistant - Services - Home Control section on my phone.

I need to make further alterations to devices synced to Google but am concerned that I will wind up with zombie / duplicate devices again.

Sounds like a caching issue on google assistants side.

Presumably no way for me to resolve that then?

I should have included in my original post that I tried multiple cache clears on the phone side.

If it’s anything like Alexa, it would be on the google home device itself, or on the google home account. Not on the phone itself.

To the best of my knowledge, that’s not how Google Home controls work.

According to internet searches, other services have this issue too which means it’s not related to caching on your phone.

solution is to remove the account (home assistant) then add it back.

Yeh I followed that guidance originally, although it turned into a complete nightmare - seemingly related to a Google issue with additional home members - despite me being owner of the Google Home and my wife being a member, we wound up as part-owners of the hass.io service meaning that we each had to unlink the service twice (second instance holding the zombie devices) and this still left us with dead (HA) devices that were not linked to any services, requiring a delete of the Home and therefore a re-setting up from scratch of (Google account based) Nest devices (losing several years of Thermostat data in the process).

I’ve actually just thrown caution to the wind and tried my device changes, re-syncing at each step - this worked indicating that it seems linked to scenes only.
For a follow up, I tried removing the service again and this time around it behaved correctly when removed from the owner account.
Re-attaching the service again has cleared the un-removable scenes and left me with the correct devices and scenes in the Google Home (and a somewhat unimpressed wife who’s just had 33 notifications telling her I’ve removed devices). :roll_eyes:

Just typical Google weirdness I guess.