Entity Already Exists error for Automation with Unique Alias

Hi all

I have been having this issue for a while now. My Automation is disabled following the following error in the log:

Logger: homeassistant.components.automation
Source: helpers/entity_platform.py:435
Integration: Automation (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 8:57:17 PM (2 occurrences)
Last logged: 9:02:49 PM

Entity id already exists - ignoring: automation.jojo_pump_discharge_manage. Platform automation does not generate unique IDs

I have removed the Automation. followed by a restart, and re-adding the Automation under a new unique alias. this seems to work for a limited amount of time(possibly till the next restart), then the error returns.
below are screenshots of my current entities, and text search within the automations file.

File_Editor

Any help would be appreciated

1 Like

I have the same issue. Did you resolve it?

Very simple automation that turns on the FTP service when I turn on my camera notifications automation, works for a while then I find on a HA reboot the automation won’t start and I have the below in the logs:

Unable to find referenced entities automation.cctv_ftpd_starter_agent
10:11:35 – helpers/service.py (WARNING) - message first occurred at 10:10:00 and shows up 3 times
Entity id already exists - ignoring: automation.cctv_ftpd_starter_agent. Platform automation does not generate unique IDs
10:10:17 – Automation (ERROR) - message first occurred at 10:09:50 and shows up 2 times

I’ve deleted and remade, renamed, changed unique IDs, checked for duplicates, everything to no avail. It’s been going on for months and is driving me batty!

Hi.

The bigger problem seems to be resolved, however i still have the remnants of the non-existent Automation within the U