Entity-Filter stopped working after "New version of the Frontend available"

I just realised that type: entity-filter seems to stop working for me.
Funnily enough, i tried it in a different Browser, and first it worked - then i got the “A new Version of the Dashboard available - Reload”. After that it just went away as well. Same goes for the Companion-App.

type: entity-filter
show_empty: false
entities:
  - entity: input_boolean.ui_show_conditional_hidden_cards
    state_filter:
      - value: 'on'
card:
  type: entity
  entity: weather.home
  name: Test

Did somebody observe that as well? Does this most-basic Test work for you? (Just replace input_boolean with a binary you can control)

This works…

type: entity-filter
show_empty: false
entities:
  - input_boolean.ui_show_conditional_hidden_cards
state_filter:
  - operator: '=='
    value: 'on'
card:
  type: entities
  entities:
   - entity: input_boolean.ui_show_conditional_hidden_cards
  title: Test Worked

1 Like

If this worked for you, please consider marking the post above with the Solution tag. This helps other folks with similar issues.

Yes, that works, Thanks!

But: I had it configured like in my example (working for Month!), as i am checking against several entities with different conditions.
While i can use your Configuration in my Setup, it wouldn’t if i would want to filter when either bool 1 = on or bool 2 = off.

i am wondering why that stopped working. Am absolutely sure that it did, and i didnt change anything. And according to the Docs, my configuration should (still) be working: Entity filter card - Home Assistant

Edit: I think i wanna investigate a bit further, to me it feels like a Bug got introduced?

No problem, I’ll test a bit more as well.

1 Like