Entity not defined on the energy page error

Hi all. I have just setup the energy page in home assistant. I have Solar panels that feed into a grid tie inverter. I then have a CT sensor on the solar and also on the main power coming in from the grid. I then have three sensors setup in HA

-Solar generation - just using the reading from the CT sensor on the solar inverter
-Energy used- uses the main power CT sensor - the solar reading to give the net power used from the grid
-Solar export - uses the CT sensor on the solar inverter - the CT sensor on the main power if this a positive

The above have been working fine in HA for over a year. As the new energy section for home assistant came out I thought I would configure it. When I choose the sensor for the solar export I get a

"Entity not defined
Check the integration or your configuration that provides:

• sensor.energy_export"

Does anyone have any advice on what I need to do to resolve this?

I have the same issue, it has worked fine for quite a while but in the last 24 hours its stopped and now it seems none of my sensors are defined according to HA. I cant even see them in the disabled entities.

Same issue here. If i want to add my utility meter for energy export i got the same error. With other entities for energie import no problems

Has anyone found a solution for this ? I also have a device that reports this error. The device’s sensors report values, but when added to the energy dashboard, I get this error.
Thanks
Philippe

Same issue at my side

same here…

Did anyone come right here?

After one of the past updates my Energy dashboard stopped working.

I get an Entity no defined error

same here … since the latest update …

Could you show your config?

inside of my configuration.yaml

sensor: !include sensors.yaml

inside of my sensors.yaml

- platform: integration
  source: sensor.grid_import_power
  unique_id: grid_import_power
  unit_prefix: k
  round: 2

- platform: integration
  source: sensor.grid_export_power
  unique_id: grid_export_power
  unit_prefix: k
  round: 2

Hi my friends,
Same here. Just configured a new sensor as below, and I got the same error message.

My realtime power consumption is integrated through a MQTT topic provided by my former home automation box (Jeedom) under “PAPP”.

mqtt:
  sensor:
  - state_topic: "linky/papp" 
    name: Linky PAPP (Puissance Apparente)
    state_class: measurement
    device_class: apparent_power
    unit_of_measurement: "VA"
    icon: mdi:flash

This part works well. Now, this afternoon I digged into the Energy dashboard but I got this error message:

Entity not defined
Check the integration or your configuration that provides:
* sensor.linky_papp

Any idea where it comes from ?

Many thanks.
Loic

Has anyone found a fix to this?

This happened after some update and I cant seem to add my solar or battery storage?

2 Likes

Hey, take a look at Solax X1 Hybrid G4 Worked Example.

It describes setting up sensors for a specific solar system: Solax, but it also provides all the steps on how to setup sensors to also use them in the energy dashboard ( by using powercalc integration from HACS)

1 Like

Found the problem. It seems that the energy dashboard creates its own entities based on the entities you selected to ‘watch’ for these 'new" entities are then somehow linked to your original. If for some reason your original is enitiy is invalidated the linked entity goes into ‘error’ and is not able to restore afterwards.
so the solution ;
go to the entities overview and make sure you have no filters on it… (it filters out by default the disabled ones). try to find entities that have an error state next to it and see if you can find those used by energy dashboard. you can see it if you open the entity details by clicking on it. if you do, delete them…
go back to your energy dashboard… in the list , the wrong ones still appear but has no icon anymore next to them… and the correct ones appear in the list. (maybe after restarting HA that might be solved as well, did not try that).
if you select the correct entities now, the error should not appear anymore
goodluck.

Thanks a lot for this help. I had the same problem because i changed between local shelly integration and then cloud connect via hacs .
Ihave to delete the hacs integration to make the standard ointegration work again ( that helps me, but perhaps there ist better solution so that both run at the same time…for a local shelly, and a remote shelly)
And the “hacs entities” are still visible but without an icon.