Entity not found after HA and Appdaemon update

I recently updated to HA version 0.83.2 and noticed that all entities on my Hadashboard are now showing “entity not found”. I then decided to update Appdaemon to the latest version (appdaemon-3.0.2) and the entity not found remains.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2 questions:

1. did you restart everything?
  2. have you changed from ha_key to long lived token?

always start by looking at your logs to find the problem and tell us what you dont understand there. (and show the logs)
thats way more helpfull then describing what you see.

1 Like
  1. have you changed from ha_key to long lived token?

That was it! I was using the old authentication method. I created a long lived token and changed it on my appdaemon’s configuration and everything is back to normal.

Thank you as always @ReneTode!

1 Like

you are welcome as always :wink:

I have just set up appdaemon using this howto: https://appdaemon.readthedocs.io/en/latest/DOCKER_TUTORIAL.html

In relation to this part of the docker config:

-e TOKEN="<your TOKEN value>"

what exactly do I put in for “your TOKEN value”? Is it:

Bearer longhexvalue

or just

longhexvalue

?

I keep getting in the log (docker logs appdaemon)

2018-12-03 08:27:05.371112 WARNING AppDaemon: HASS: Disconnected from Home Assistant, retrying in 5 seconds 

Or maybe it is a problem with my HA_URL? Where does the docker container get it’s DNS from? I used a local hostname, which is resolved by pi-hole on another server.

just the long lived token you get from HA

did you also read this part from the doc:

At this point forward, you can edit configurations on your conf folder and Appdaemon will load them see the AppDaemon Installation page for full instructions on AppDaemon configuration. Have fun!

and follow that link and configure AD?