I set up my first z-wave cover last night and it was all going great. The z-wave module created a cover entity with position control, a cover entity with only open and close control and a switch entity with open and close functions.
They were all working great until I changed the entity_id of the main cover entity, it’s not responding now. The other cover entity and switch entity work but without the main entity I can’t set a position, only open and close.
Things I know:
- The entity was working before the name/entity_id change
- When the entity is set to a position or opened or closed from the ui nothing happens
- Sending commands from service call panel to that entity also doesn’t work
- Neither UI or dev panel service calls result in anything in the z-wave log which makes me believe it’s a HA problem and not a Z-wave problem.
- No errors in zwave log or HA log
Things I’ve tried:
- Recalibrating the cover controller
- Restarting HA
- Updating HA
Does anyone have ideas on what I could try next?