I am trying to make a Switch that will change the state of entity ID person.xx to Home.
So the alarm system will not go off when my cell tracking information has not updated. I can manually hit the switch on my phone.
But when I leave at a later time. Will the tracking script flip ID person.xx to away as it should. Or will my manual switch keep it locked to Home?
Will two scripts play well together as is? The Entity ID switched by either when it should?
I am not writing any scripts. I am trying to use existing HA methods to accomplish the goal. I was curious how a switch or button that changes the state of an entity will interact with other existing HA running scripts. The tracking service changes the state of person to home or away, depending on the GPS cooridinates being in the Home Zone or not. If I have changed that state by using another HA script, such as a switch or button. Will it continue to hold that state, even if the tracker has found the device to be out of the Home Zone.
I am now trying to force a data update of the cell phone GPS data via another native HA script. Not sure if it is working. I will test it over the next few days as I come and go.
You actually cannot change a sensor at all its a sensor.
You CAN create a template (whatever) in this case prob a template device tracker. And derive the state you want from the existing sensor + any other info you want… (state of a switch a timer etc.)