Envisalink slow to respond to arm/disarm requests - State Machine Timeout

I’ve been using Envisalink 4 with my Honeywell panel for a while. Lately I’ve noticed significant delays in the arm/disarm time, and sometimes I don’t get a response at all. When I try an arm command, after a very long delay it sometimes will arm. After it arms, I get the following error in the log. Any thoughts?

A couple notes:

• I can connect locally to the Envisalink webpage directly - no delays
  • I can arm/disarm from the local Envisalink webpage with no delays
  • The delay appears to be somewhere in Home Assistant
  • My config.yaml code is included below as well.

Thank you!

Logger: root
Source: /usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pyenvisalink/honeywell_client.py:104
First occurred: 6:57:33 AM (2 occurrences)
Last logged: 7:05:56 AM

error sending command to envisalink. Response was: Receive State Machine Timeout (command not completed within 3 seconds)

config.yaml code:

host: 192.168.100.122
  panel_type: HONEYWELL
  user_name: !secret envisalink_username
  password: !secret envisalink_password
  code: !secret envisalink_code
  port: 4025
  evl_version: 4
  keepalive_interval: 60
  zonedump_interval: 30
  timeout: 10
  panic_type: Police

I’m also getting the following in my logs as well.

Logger: root
Source: /usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pyenvisalink/honeywell_client.py:104
First occurred: 7:49:43 AM (2 occurrences)
Last logged: 8:36:13 AM

• error sending command to envisalink. Response was: Syntax Error. Data appended to the command is incorrect in some fashion
  • error sending command to envisalink. Response was: Receive State Machine Timeout (command not completed within 3 seconds)

Did you ever get to the bottom of this? I’m having the same issue…can smash the disarm button over and over and nothing happens…other times it is flawless. Likewise from time to time the system will not arm automatically (driven via node-red) or manually (hit the button and try again and again).

I’ve also noticed that sometimes the zone status is not returned to HA - you can trigger motion, see the PIR light up, but the zone sensor in HA still says ‘Clear’…and the panel status stays on ‘Ready’ when really it should be Not Ready if a zone is violated.

It is really frustrating as when it works it’s great so I don’t understand why it goes away with the fairies…

CP.

Did anyone ever figure this out?

Hi!

In my case yes - it turns out the Envisalink module is sensitive to certain types of broadcast traffic from other network devices. In the end my problem was UPS software on another device sending broadcast packets that caused the EVL to crash and reboot - so it worked…and then it froze…and then it worked again.

The whole sorry saga is here if you want to see all the details and the fault-finding approach.

Hope you find an answer to your problem!

CP.

For me it turned out my data history logs were too big, which slowed down the response time. After I cleaned up the history logs, everything ran fast again.

That’s fascinating—I’m skeptical that would help In my case as I only just set my Envisalink up, yet am getting the same errors as you.

How exactly did you clear the logs?