Envisalink Zone Status Update Speed

Is there a way to make door open/close status update faster using the Envisalink module? I have outside flood lights I have tied to the back door so when the back door is opened between sunset and sunrise the backyard flood lights turn on, and turn off when the door is closed.
As it is now there can be up to a 30 second delay before the lights come on.
I know it’s possible to get faster updates because my Envisalink plugin in HomeSeer does it almost instantly.

I think there something wrong with your setup. I have envisalink setup and it is instantaneous. (i use one zone for a doorbell) It might help to run hass so you can see its output in real time and trip a zone to see when it shows up. Alternatively, you can put your log to debug and watch the tail or review after. There is sometimes a login issue to envisalink but this doesn’t seem like this.

envisalink:
  host: 192.168.2.19
  panel_type: DSC
  user_name: !secret DSC_user_name
  password: !secret DSC_password
  code: !secret DSC_code
  port: 4025
  evl_version: 3
  keepalive_interval: 30
  zonedump_interval: 15
  zones:
    1:
      name: 'Doorbell'
      type: 'opening'

What version of hass are you running?
I am using the docker container on a qnap nas in container station. Have tried latest and dev branches.

I dont have much of a setup at the moment. Just watching the main page that shows the contact status and it takes up to 30 seconds to change.

I installed the OpenHAB docker and zone status changes were pretty much instant.

I have also tried it on a debian vm with the same results.

Its worked on all version up to my present version of HA 38.4.

I can see the update status being sent to the log, but I get the following error:

17-03-12 01:50:11 DEBUG (MainThread) [pyenvisalink.envisalink_base_client] RX < 20:49:49 61000128
17-03-12 01:50:11 DEBUG (MainThread) [pyenvisalink.dsc_client] No handler defined in config for 20:, skipping…
17-03-12 01:50:11 DEBUG (MainThread) [pyenvisalink.envisalink_base_client] No handler configured for evl command.
17-03-12 01:50:11 DEBUG (MainThread) [pyenvisalink.envisalink_base_client] KeyError: ‘handler’
17-03-12 01:50:11 DEBUG (MainThread) [pyenvisalink.envisalink_base_client] No callback configured for evl command.
17-03-12 01:50:11 DEBUG (MainThread) [pyenvisalink.envisalink_base_client] ----------------------------------------

I havent seen this issue before. Perhaps post or review here as its the main thread. (my guess would be to delete the deps directory and hope it install properly on restart)

Whatever the issue was, it seems to have self-corrected. Seems to be working as I would expect it to now.

Ever figure out what the issue was? I’m new to HA and I’m getting this exact same error every time.

DEBUG:pyenvisalink.envisalink_base_client:----------------------
------------------
DEBUG:pyenvisalink.dsc_client:No handler defined in config for 1
7:, skipping...
DEBUG:pyenvisalink.envisalink_base_client:No handler configured
for evl command.
DEBUG:pyenvisalink.envisalink_base_client:KeyError: 'handler'
DEBUG:pyenvisalink.envisalink_base_client:No callback configured
 for evl command.
DEBUG:pyenvisalink.envisalink_base_client:----------------------
------------------

here is my setup…

envisalink:
  host: [nottelling]
  user_name: [nottelling]
  password: [nottelling]
  code: [nottelling]
  zones:
    1:
      name: 'Front Door'
    2:
      name: 'Front Door Motion'
      type: 'motion'
    3:
      name: 'Man Cave Motion'
    4:
      name: 'Man Cave GlassBreak'
      type: 'sound'
    5:
      name: 'Main Hall CO Detector'
      type: 'gas'
    6:
      name: 'Man Cave CO Detector'
      type: 'gas'
    7:
      name: 'Garage Entry Door'
    8:
      name: 'Interior Basement Door'
    9:
      name: 'Patio Door'
    10:
      name: 'Kitchen GlassBreak'
      type: 'sound'
    11:
      name: 'Kitchen Motion'
    12:
      name: 'Side Entrance Door'
  partitions:
    1:
      name: 'Home Alarm'

Have you tried adding the port?

I have mine setup as below and works fine.

host: 192.168.200.116
user_name: user
password: user
code: ‘XXXX’
port: 4025
evl_version: 3
keepalive_interval: 60
zonedump_interval: 30
panic_type: Police

Did anyone ever figure this out?

I just set everything up with an EVL4 and Honeywell system. Everything seems to be working. I can arm/disarm and my zones are all setup correctly. However, there is a significant delay in reporting the status of my zones.

Appreciate any advice I can get.

Yea I see similar speed issues I find I inconsistent sometimes it’s pretty fast but other times not and sometimes my zone state change trigger misses firing as well so guessing sometimes the state change is missed.

I do have a failure to connect notification on my alarm that I’ve avoided going into the programming mode to resolve. I’ve thought maybe it could be related since my alarm is always cycling through that status.

zonedump_interval integer (optional, default: 30)

This is an interval (measured in seconds) where Envisalink will dump out all zone statuses. This is required for Honeywell systems, which do not properly send zone closure events. DSC boards do not technically need this.

i tried setting this to 5 and it seems to help a bit. i’m seeing zone fault notification within 5 seconds; I am not sure I am seeing the update when I zone closes quite as fast, but it seems faster than before.