Error after removing Hue Integration


I moved all my devices from Hue to deConz and took the Hue Bridge off the network. I removed the Integration and the Fast Hue HACS integration. Now I keep getting the following error in the logs:

Logger: homeassistant.config
Source: components/hue/
First occurred: 17:56:48 (4 occurrences)
Last logged: 17:56:48

Invalid config for [automation]: InvalidDeviceAutomationConfig() (See /config/configuration.yaml, line 66).
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/automation/", line 84, in _try_async_validate_config_item
    config = await async_validate_config_item(hass, config, full_config)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/automation/", line 62, in async_validate_config_item
    config[CONF_TRIGGER] = await async_validate_trigger_config(
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/", line 48, in async_validate_trigger_config
    conf = await platform.async_validate_trigger_config(hass, conf)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/device_automation/", line 21, in async_validate_trigger_config
    return await getattr(platform, "async_validate_trigger_config")(hass, config)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/hue/", line 119, in async_validate_trigger_config
    raise InvalidDeviceAutomationConfig

Any thoughts on what’s happening and how to stop it?

I’ve looked at line 66 in configuration.yaml and that loads my groups.yaml which no longer has any Hue linked devices (they are all now on deConz).


The line numbering doesn’t match, I’m not sure how it works, but I think it ignores comments.

The error says that you have an automation that has a device action (probably one of your hue devices from the old integration). That’s the problem with device automations, when you replace a device, you need to adjust all your automation that used it.

Thanks @Burningstone, that helped. Not helpful that the line numbers don’t match and it’s not just ignoring comments either!

Oddly there were some automations in the automations.yaml that weren’t appearing in the GUI, but they were created there in the first place, don’t know how that happened. Removing them solved the problem.