Error: "Custom element doesn't exist" occuring on only one browser out of three?

I’m using marksie1988’s Atomic Calendar Revive to display my Google calendars on my Lovelace dashboard. It works great! … on my computer or my iPhone. However, it is giving me a “custom element doesn’t exist: atomic-calendar-revive” error on just on my Kindle Fire HD 6 running Fully Kiosk Browser. I use this as a mounted wall display in our kitchen. Anyone know why it would have a problem just on this platform? Browser? OS? I would think this error would show up on all of my clients if the custom element really didn’t exist as this seems like a backend error and not a browser side error. I’m stumped.

Here’s a screen shot from my computer:

Here’s a screen shot from my phone using the iOS app:

And then here is the picture of the error on the Kindle Fire:

I get the same error for the mini media player custom component on my Fire 7 tablet. I think it’s because the fully kiosk browser uses the Android system view which I have seen a warning briefly when first running fkb saying it’s outdated.

I could be wrong though, hope I am and it’s something easy to fix.

Running into the same issue with custom cards. Came here looking for a solution.

Getting the Webview out of data message also.

Exactly the issue I have. (also with a fire tablet - 7th generation -> Android 5.x)

However I don’t use the fully kiosk browser, since it doesn’t seem to work for my old fire tablet (HA is not loading - I only have a white screen all the time) - I use the HA app and I get the same error message “custom element doesn’t exist”

It works on all other browsers and apps (Chrome on my desktop, Safari on my Iphone, Android App on a Pixel3a)

I tried everything already - Clearing the app cache on the HA app on the fire tablet. Deinstallation and installation.

Does this issue still occur on newer fire devices? I thought about getting a new one.

I was never able to fix this on the Fire HD 6 that I had. I found some other threads that explained that it boiled down to the browser not being current enough to run the control on the page. Either I could have the Fire updated to the point where it could run the component (in another browser) but then I couldn’t jailbreak it to run Fully Kiosk Browser or it was too old to have the right code to render the custom component. Maybe I gave up to early but I was never able to resolve on that hardware. I have seen where others have gotten this working just fine with newer devices.

I found the solution (well for my setup anyway)…

Just installed Fully Kiosk on an old Samsung tablet and had the same problems with Custom Elements on just about every page of my setup.

I went in Play Store and searched for “webview”. Installed the official Google “Android System WebView”, and all fixed.

Hopefully this will help someone out who also had the same problem.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot Redpizza, I have a lenovo TAB 2 A7 20F with android 5. I Had error message "custom element doesn’t exist but with an update of WEBVIEW, all is fixed.

I have a Fire HD 8 and the “Custom Element doesn’t exist” has been bugging me for months. Just read this thread and installed Android Webview and at last it all works. simples!
Thanks @Redpizza

Hi, having the exact same issue, but cannot find a working webview update. Always get not installed for each version. Could you somehow send me your file?

Found one for Fire TV that ist working also on the tablet