Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved - ssdp

Hello everyone,
for some time now this error has appeared in the Home Assistant logs:

Logger: homeassistant
Source: components/ssdp/__init__.py:259
First occurred: 19:21:27 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 19:21:27

Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/ssdp/__init__.py", line 259, in async_start
    await asyncio.gather(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/async_upnp_client/search.py", line 105, in async_start
    sock.bind(source)
OSError: [Errno 22] Invalid argument

I see that it is the SSDP component but I do not understand what generates that error, apart from that I have not noticed any problems in using Home Assistanto its components.
I use Home Assistant on a Raspberry PI 4 with supervised installation on docker, the s.o. is Raspbian Buster, image of May.
If anyone can tell me what to check to understand the source of the error I will be immensely grateful.

This error happens when you have any other interfaces selected other than the one tagged as Default.
Check under your Configuration → General in the Network box (scroll down a little)

Thanks I solved.
The “default” interface was set now I put “auto configure” and after restarting the error is gone.
The strange thing is that I have only one interface, in fact both “default” and “auto configure” reported the same information but now I no longer have that error at startup, that’s fine !!!

1 Like