Error in log relating to Node-RED

I have this error in the log apparently related to the Node-RED addon.

I have just run a load of updates (inc OS and Core) and I don’t think this was there before.

Can anyone tell me if this is an error in the addon or the Flows themselves (nothing in NR log).

2023-11-28 21:33:12.663 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.util.logging] Exception in async_discover when dispatching 'nodered_discovery_new_time': ({'state': 1699011877838, 'attributes': {}, 'type': 'nodered/discovery', 'server_id': 'a8c279c8.be8be8', 'node_id': '47cacacf970a4013', 'config': {'name': 'Node-RED status time'}, 'component': 'time', 'device_info': {'id': 'cbee261aebc1a534', 'hw_version': '', 'name': 'NR Status', 'manufacturer': 'Node-RED', 'model': '', 'sw_version': ''}, 'id': 19}, <ActiveConnection Supervisor>)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/config/custom_components/nodered/time.py", line 30, in async_discover
    await _async_setup_entity(hass, config, async_add_entities, connection)
  File "/config/custom_components/nodered/time.py", line 42, in _async_setup_entity
    async_add_entities([NodeRedNumber(hass, config, connection)])
                        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/config/custom_components/nodered/time.py", line 61, in __init__
    super().__init__(hass, config)
  File "/config/custom_components/nodered/__init__.py", line 116, in __init__
    self.update_entity_state_attributes(config)
  File "/config/custom_components/nodered/time.py", line 76, in update_entity_state_attributes
    self._attr_native_value = _convert_string_to_time(msg.get(CONF_STATE))
                              ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/config/custom_components/nodered/time.py", line 49, in _convert_string_to_time
    return parser.parse(value).time()
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/dateutil/parser/_parser.py", line 1368, in parse
    return DEFAULTPARSER.parse(timestr, **kwargs)
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/dateutil/parser/_parser.py", line 640, in parse
    res, skipped_tokens = self._parse(timestr, **kwargs)
                          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/dateutil/parser/_parser.py", line 719, in _parse
    l = _timelex.split(timestr)         # Splits the timestr into tokens
        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/dateutil/parser/_parser.py", line 201, in split
    return list(cls(s))
                ^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/dateutil/parser/_parser.py", line 69, in __init__
    raise TypeError('Parser must be a string or character stream, not '
TypeError: Parser must be a string or character stream, not int

I’m still getting this error - any suggestions?

It looks like you have a bad instance of a home assistant server node. Go to the debug panel, click the i (info tab) and place that number in the search bar.

It will tell you the node/s that are using it. Change them to the right server and then delete the bad server node.

Great, thanks. Don’t really know what it was -

but I have disabled it as it was unused. See if that stops the error. Thanks for the tip on how to find it. :slight_smile: