Error in the begining of Log, on startup

Hey guys, i am getting this weird message on the start of the logs (ini putty) in every restart:
Error decoding json invalid character '\x1b' looking for beginning of value:
In white font, then it goes back to green to its normal routine.

I have looked up the utf char, and it decodes back as left arrow (e)

I copied my whole config folder to my pc and searched with windows Grep,'\x1b' is nowhere to be found but i find the back arrow (e) inside a .py file of a custom component i once tried to install but never worked (restore_states)

Anyway, i complete removed the residual files and any mention of this component in my configuration but i still get the error.

Any ideas?

core-ssh:~# hassio homeassistant restart
{
    "result": "ok",
    "data": {}
}
core-ssh:~# hassio homeassistant logs

Error decoding json invalid character '\x1b' looking for beginning of value:  2018-01-16 14:22:25 INFO (MainThread) [hbmqtt.broker] ...

Could be bad web socket packet, the header describing how big the packett is looks just the same at least.

Entry level user here, unfortunately i do not understand what you are saying :slight_smile:

I have the same error in my start up logs. Hass.io 60.1 and 61.1. Did you ever find out what it is?

I’m not sure what the character is, but I’d guess it’s just a minor issue with the hassio command line program’s parsing of the response and not something from your actual logs.

Edit: Just as an FYI, here appears to be the line in the code where that error gets printed.

I just started getting this same error after editing a line in an included 'packages.yaml file.

I added a specific station id for the weatherunderground module.

I have since backed out my changes, but am still getting the error. I get the login page for HA, but get the error ‘Unable to connect’.

Only error in the logs is this one above. Anyone else get this working after encountering the issue?