Error installing Home Assistant - HA green

I didn’t even know it has the capability of doing it wirelessly? But as I’ve said, it’s always been plugged into ethernet the whole time.

Port 23 is Telnet. Is that required for the Green install? I’d understand 22, but can you provide clarity on port 23?

Telnet is using TCP on port 23. As for NTP (Network Time Protocol) it is UDP port 23: NTP (Network Time Protocol) Overview

His router is showing the correct time so I don’t think it’s a date/time issue.

How can you tell?

I assumed this was the time from your router

Not clear whether this was taken directly from the router.

However, make sure the router has set the correct date and time. Unfortunately I don’t know much about those TP-Link Deco routers. What I do know is that some Soho-routers are acting as NTP-servers providing time/date to their clients. Logically if the router’s time is incorrect the client’s time will be too which in turn fails SSL-encrypted connections (certificate validation fails). This is why I suggested to make sure the router has the correct time set.

Not disagreeing with you and appreciate your input.

Right - I had reached my post allowance for the day annoyingly, however, I did test it on another separate network and it worked but then as soon as I got home I thought I would give it a try and guess what - it worked. No idea why - still doesn’t make sense but it’s working but thanks for your help guys!

1 Like

For my sanity, can you define a separate network?

Entirely different house and set up, plugged it in and it worked and then I went home and plugged it in, thinking it was my router or something but it just worked, so I have no idea!

Happy you are up and running!!! Welcome to the community!

1 Like

What a hurdle…
Does HA not have some (basic) tests in the setup/onboarding to avoid these kind of things?!

Someone smarter than me might have been able to work it out and I’m not sure if it’s something I done but from my novice user experience, it wasn’t a fun set up. I would have thought that looking in the CTL or whatever, it would have had more info for me. :person_shrugging: