Error installing Home Assistant - HA green

Was hoping the HA green would be an easy to use device but as soon as I’ve plugged it in I’ve had problems. I’ve tried fixing it but I really have no idea what I’m doing.

So I’ve gone to 8123 and It’s come up with a whole heap of errors, mostly around the supervisor to connect to the internet??

Where should I start and what info do you need? I have the logs.

Doesn’t tell us anything.

Still doesn’t tell us anything.

How to help us help you - or How to ask a good question - Configuration - Home Assistant Community (home-assistant.io)

There are already quite a few threads that may assist you.

Fair enough.
I’ve searched a heap on the net and tried a lot of solutions but I’m not certain I’ve done it right.

Goal is to set up HA green. I’ve done what it says to do but I’m stuck at the first hurdle as there’s errors in 8123. Says it’s updated to the latest hassos.

I’ve got a million lines of logs that say there’s an error. I’ll send the first lot as a screenshot.

Thanks, I have looked at those threads, I have changed the primary DNS on my router to 8.8.8.8, didn’t seem to work. I turned off IPv6.

Tried re-flashing the HA - I followed the guide but I don’t know if it flashed it properly because the HA green continued to flash in a heartbeat pattern - not as it shows on the guide. Not sure why it didn’t work.

https://pastecode.io/s/ar93e2k0

Full logs

How do you have the Green connected to the internet? I see you have an IP Address , but is it a direct connection to the router?

Open CMD and ping homeassistant.local -4

You’ll get an IP and results if it’s replying to the ping.

From a PC command line, can you ping 192.168.0.129?
What is the IP address of your PC?
You are connecting over Ethernet?

I’d say we both agree, it’s 100% an internet issue :grinning:

Really appreciate the help. Yes looks that way…

I can only send one screenshot at a time but they both failed.

I have it plugged into the back of a mesh router and I can see the device on my network from the router app.

Could this also be why it didn’t flash the HA green? because it says it needs to be connected to the internet for that to work too. I mean, it’s plugged in and on my network, router app has said it’s received and sent a few kbps when I had a quick look.

100%, from the logs it needs to be connected in my opinion

Make sure your router’s time/date is correctly synchronised to the real time (NTP) of your timezone. Login into your router’s configuration and check its time/date and correct if necessary. Then retry the installation.

what do you get from a browser with ?

http://192.168.68.64:8123

Sorry, missed part of your question

HA IP is 192.168.68.64
my PC IP is 192.168.68.63

It looks like it is already recognizing the time difference

Not sure how old these logs entries are

I can connect to X - 8123 - thats where I got the logs? Logs are new.

When I plugged the HA green into a screen and when to “info” it did know my timezone (country and state) but I couldn’t update it like they could in other posts - probably my fault.

Can’t see a setting where I can change the date/time in my router app.

I assume the log snippers are new? But 2024-06-18 04:45:16 UTC ?

@Humphries466, also make sure your router allows egress on UDP port 23.

What router brand/model is in use?

If your date/time is incorrect SSL will fail!

Oh, I plugged it in today but I have been trying for a few days - it’s the 20th here now - 2:55pm. Maybe they are old logs? I assumed unplugging and starting again would update it.

Australian Central Standard Time GMT+9:30
Thursday, 20 June 2024, 2:57 pm

I have Tp Link Deco mesh (x10)

Can you explain how to check the port 23?

Sorry I’m not great with IT, hence the HA green haha.

So you are doing the installation over WiFi?

I suggest you connect the Green with an ethernet cable to your router/switch (at least until you have finished the initial setup).

How to change Time settings on the Deco.