Error installing Home Assistant on Green

your moral support prevented me from punching a hole in my monitor and I’m grateful for that

1 Like

That’s a very helpful skill indeed.

Alas I have more than one router than did not survive the ordeal…

Based on what you had to do to fix it, there was probably something screwy going on with routing and subnet masks but we probably won’t ever know.

Glad you’re up.

1 Like

Great you got it working! :+1:

Have fun with your new installation, it was a hard earned victory! :laughing:

2 Likes

And please set up one of the options listed under Option 5 here before you do anything else: Common tasks - Operating System - Home Assistant

2 Likes

And install the advanced ssh and terminal addon.

Glad you are up and going.

How did you get to the cli?

1 Like

Thank you!

I removed the recovery SD card and tried to boot the green as normal. Eventually got a message about the cli being unavailable and to use the emergency cli which allowed me to utilize nmcli functionality.

1 Like

I mean this more as an indication of hardware age and not rudeness or sass, but I can find the R6700v2 for less than $20 online. :grimacing:

It’s kind of in the thrift store find category and long in the tooth in “tech years”. It may be time for an upgrade when you have the opportunity.

What would I gain from an upgrade? It’s rated at 1300Mbps and it’s achieving an average of 480Mbps on the 1000Mbps plan I have from Xfinity. Would I notice benefit if I was actually getting closer to gigabit speed and had some features like 6? Genuinely curious because this is the first issue I’ve had with it but always open to getting new tech.

Hey alll, I’m facing somewhat similar issues. Would love to get some help! I’ve the full logs files but here’s some critical ones I see that indicate a network related issue I assume.

Have you read this thread, right through?