Error loading /config/configuration.yaml: while scanning for the next token

Hello community,
a view time ago, i’ve installed HA on a RPI4 as described. Installation of RaspberryMatic and importing the configuration works well. USB Antenna is working well. but right now, the system is only starting in recovery mode without any functionality. :disappointed_relieved:

Right now, i get the following error message in my web interface

Error loading /config/configuration.yaml: while scanning for the next token
found character ‘\t’ that cannot start any token

• in “/config/configuration.yaml”, line 14, column*

I’ve never edited any yaml file in HA :smirk:

in the configuration.yaml file at line 14 is the following value

http:
base_url: https://[personal-FQDN-to-HA]
ssl_certificate: /config/homeassistent.crt
ssl_key: /config/homeassistent.key

Any idea whats wrong in my case ? the device is on-premise in my LAN (not cloud based).

Thx forward
Hannes

You have tabs in your configuration.yaml file. Not allowed. Replace them with spaces.

1 Like

Thanks for your quick response. I’ve checked and changed the TAB in spaces and restart the HA device. Now i get a new error :sleepy:

2023-11-19 15:54:24.787 ERROR (SyncWorker_0) [homeassistant.util.yaml.loader] while parsing a block mapping

in “/config/configuration.yaml”, line 13, column 7

expected , but found ‘’

in “/config/configuration.yaml”, line 18, column 9

2023-11-19 15:54:24.789 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.bootstrap] Failed to parse configuration.yaml: while parsing a block mapping in “/config/configuration.yaml”, line 13, column 7

expected , but found ‘’ in “/config/configuration.yaml”, line 18, column 9.

Activating recovery mode

Any idea what’s happen ?

Thx forward
Hannes

Not without seeing the config before and after line 18. The error is a bit cryptic.

I suspect you may have changed the indentation incorrectly when replacing the tabs.

got HA back in operation without error messages and can be tricky depending my spaces in the file.

No space at the beginng of the value bring up an error message
3 spaces (which were actually already in the file before). System reboot solved the issue.

Thx for the quick support
Hannes