Error on Hassio/supervisor tab "Unable to load the panel source: /api/hassio/app/entrypoint.js." UNRAID

I have searched the forum on this issue I am having and though I have seen many threads about it, I was not able to find a solutions for my particular setup.
I am running Hass.io in a Docker on Unraid. Capture back in December the error Unable to load the panel source: /api/hassio/app/entrypoint.js. pops up when I click on the Hassio / Supervisor tab. Back then i completely reinstalled Hassio and all my devices but today it has started the same error. Has anyone else seen this with UNraid? What is causing it and how can I fix it?

Thank you for any help.

Can anyone suggest another portal to help me solve this issue?

Same problem here…

Yeah, its very frustrating. I saw in a few posts about making sure to have something in your Secrets.yaml file, which I tried with now success. I’m not getting much support here, might try another portal to get answers. If I get it fixed I’ll post the solution here as to hopefully help you and others. If you don’t mind doing the same that would be great.

1 Like

I tried to reboot my rpi with taking the power. Now I only get ping reply and nothing more… I think I need to reinstall…

same issue: “Unable to load the panel source: /api/hassio/app/entrypoint.js.”

@mischoe @Andreas_Henden I was going to say that I fixed mine by reinstalling and copying over all files. However this only worked temporarily but today it is not working again. Lets try and narrow down the issue. How are you 2 running HA?

I took the easy solution and reinstalled. I am running it on a rpi4

The Supervisor is not just a docker container. They will never work stable what you does. You need install the Virtual Appliance with HassOS.

Do you have a good website in mind for install instructions. I would be installing this on an Ubuntu server VM.

I did the same but it happened again. What i noticed is I have problems with the supervisor tab not working when an update is released. For me, I run this on my Unraid NAS. If i reinstall the supervisor it works fine, until there is another update.

I’m just starting out with home Assistant, and as I have unRAID running for many years, I installed hassio as a docker also, and now I have the same issue. Following this thread for a solution…

I get this from the log:

2020-02-23 18:32:49 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.hassio.handler] Client error on /discovery request Cannot connect to host 172.30.32.2:80 ssl:None [Connect call failed ('172.30.32.2', 80)]

2020-02-23 18:32:49 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.hassio.discovery] Can't read discover info:

2020-02-23 18:33:48 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.hassio.http] Client error on api app/entrypoint.js request Cannot connect to host 172.30.32.2:80 ssl:None [Connect call failed ('172.30.32.2', 80)

Goto the supervisor docker. Click and edit, the in upper corner change from basic to advanced edit. In the large box with the description add any character a “.”, any letter. Save it and let the docker restart. This worked for me. You will need to restart the home assistant docker also.

I have noticed I get this problem when a update is released. Not sure if this is coincidence or not

Thanks for the quick response. It took a little more fiddling around but in the end this got me on track. I’ll be sure to note exactly what helped next time… :sweat_smile:

Yes let me know if you notice the break in the supervisor tab when the next update comes out. I’m going to bring this up to @digiblur who I think was managing the unpaid docker app.

Any code is going to be all from the HA devs. They drive the look of things.

OK - same issue again today, and the workaround with the “edit description” fixed the Supervisor once again.

unfortunately this is what we have to do until a real fix is implemented.

1 Like

Question, Do you have SSL setup on your install?