Error setting up entry boiler for esphome

Logger: homeassistant.config_entries
Source: components/esphome/entry_data.py:211
First occurred: 17:13:50 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 17:13:50

Error setting up entry boiler for esphome
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/config_entries.py", line 382, in async_setup
    result = await component.async_setup_entry(hass, self)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/esphome/__init__.py", line 326, in async_setup_entry
    infos, services = await entry_data.async_load_from_store()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/esphome/entry_data.py", line 211, in async_load_from_store
    infos.append(cls.from_dict(info))
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/aioesphomeapi/model.py", line 83, in from_dict
    return cls(**init_args)
  File "<string>", line 16, in __init__
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/aioesphomeapi/model.py", line 69, in __post_init__
    super().__setattr__(field_.name, convert(val))
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/aioesphomeapi/util.py", line 46, in fix_float_single_double_conversion
    if value == 0 or not math.isfinite(value):
TypeError: must be real number, not NoneType

ESP32 connects immediately, this error only occurs with HA start and must be re-integrated. Then everything works again. the same with reloading!
What is wrong?
Can someone help me please?

I’m seeing a similar issue with GitHub - arthurrump/esphome-opentherm: Create your own smart modulating thermostat using the OpenTherm component for ESPHome. Any idea if this is an ESPHome bug?

I’m getting the same error (using GitHub - arthurrump/esphome-opentherm: Create your own smart modulating thermostat using the OpenTherm component for ESPHome as well )

Thank you @ov1d1u for opening that issue ESPHome fails to restore Number without step · Issue #88887 · home-assistant/core · GitHub

I will follow closely as right now it’s a pain to have to delete the device and wait for Home-Assistant to discover it again every time I reboot :smirk:

If you’d like to avoid re-adding the device after each reboot, you could ssh into the host operating system, access the Docker container with docker exec -it homeassistant /bin/bash, then reinstall aioesphomeapi with pip install --no-deps --force-reinstall git+https://github.com/ov1d1u/aioesphomeapi.git. This will overwrite the aioesphomeapi package with the one which contains the changes in this PR. I’m not sure if it’s a proper fix, but it is a good workaround and you only have to redo the steps after upgrading.

@florentg

I submitted a PR to the arthurrump/esphome-opentherm repository. Meanwhile, if you’d like to get this fixed on your side, you can use my fork’s code with:

external_components:
  source: github://ov1d1u/esphome-opentherm@main

in your ESPHome yaml configuration file for the OpenTherm device.

1 Like