Error setting up entry Configuration.yaml for netatmo

Yes, I have read that part and removed everything and started all over again. Searched and read most of the threads for Netatmo quickly to find something that could solve my problem. Also created a new app at Netatmo to get a fresh start. But apparently I have missed something…

Since you only have a weather station you can actually just as well use the HA Cloud, so, nothing needs to be configured in the yaml. But that is not your issue right now.

Please check your installed HA and pyatmo versions.

I tried without yaml configuration but I couldn’t authenticate with dev netatmo succesfully.

arch x86_64
dev false
docker false
hassio false
os_name Linux
os_version 4.15.0-91-generic
python_version 3.7.7
timezone Europe/Stockholm
version 0.107.7
virtualenv false

Pyatmo 3.3.0 - not sure on this one. How to check to be sure? This is stated in the folder
pyatmo-3.3.0.dist-info

You should be able to authenticate via HA Cloud with your normal Netatmo account.

I don’t have HA cloud account, so my previous response when I tried without yaml settings shouldn’t work by that I suppose.
Would prefer to get this working without HA cloud as I don’t have any use for that except Netatmo weather station in that case.

Is there some cache of token storage that I can remove to have a totally fresh new try?

But you would support development of HA :slight_smile: and have an easy way to access HA remotely.

You don’t need a Nabu Casa account for that to work. HA cloud is a free service for account linking.

The token is stored in ~/.homeassistant/.storage/core.config_entries.

I agree on supporting HA development. But I allready have a good remote access working with many clients, would be some effort to change that.

Got the same error response for the HA cloud also, successful response but same error in the log as first post. With this addition:
Error setting up entry Home Assistant Cloud for netatmo

My config entries for Netatmo was cleared as it should when I removed the integration ~/.homeassistant/.storage/core.config_entries

I have never seen that error. This is set up under linux without any other layer such as Docker or venv?

No Docker or venv. Installed on Ubuntu 18.04 Desktop
Checked the requests_oauthlib and it is on version 1.3.0 which should be correct.
~/.homeassistant/.storage/core.config_entries looks correct and token etc. is stated in the file after authentication successful towards dev Netatmo.

I am also using Domoticz (planning to end that) which also grab data from Netatmo, they shared the same Netatmo app first but now I have separated HA and Domtoticz in individual apps due to this issues.

I’d like to suggest to start a clean instance in a virtual environment to make sure the dependencies are not messed up somehow. This should not take too much time.

I will do that, this PC have run as a server for many years and start to be a bit messy. It is on the to do list to install everything fresh again but it so many tweaks and fixes so it is some effort in total.

Will do some more test in venv or on a Rpi and come back, but will be busy for some days I think until I will have time.

Thx

1 Like

Successful connection on new installation (Ubuntu server 19.10 on Pi4) after some retries.
I think my actual issue was on the Netatmo side because I first get the exact same response on Pi4 as my old installation. I had many third party apps with same name and I think it get messed up, after a clean up I got it working.

1 Like

Great. Have fun automating!

Please stop cross posting, especially in such old threads.

How is your instance set up and exposed?

Hi.

I have a new installation of Home Assistant on RPi4 and wanted to connect my Netatmo station with the same issue. Any advice, please? I am completely new to HA in general so maybe I am missing something obvious.

Logger: homeassistant.config_entries
Source: helpers/network.py:116
First occurred: 10:53:55 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 10:53:55

Error setting up entry Home Assistant Cloud for netatmo
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/config_entries.py", line 304, in async_setup
    result = await component.async_setup_entry(hass, self)  # type: ignore
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/netatmo/__init__.py", line 230, in async_setup_entry
    await register_webhook(None)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/netatmo/__init__.py", line 181, in register_webhook
    webhook_url = hass.components.webhook.async_generate_url(
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/webhook/__init__.py", line 69, in async_generate_url
    get_url(hass, prefer_external=True, allow_cloud=False),
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/network.py", line 116, in get_url
    raise NoURLAvailableError
homeassistant.helpers.network.NoURLAvailableError

You have to configure external and intern urls in the settings. Further you have to expose your instance via port 443 unless you already use the Nabu Casa remote access.

I have configured both internal and external URLs. But it is not exposed via port 443, I use port 8443 for HA. Is that a problem?

Yes, because allowed ports for webhooks are 80, 88, 443 and 9443.

1 Like