Error setting up entry Z-Wave (import from configuration.yaml) for zwave

Hello guys,
My AEOTEC zwave stick is connected to the USB back port of my QNAP NAS TS-253A.
Its led is blinking.

Homeassistant 0.94.1 is installed on docker.

I’ve performed the following steps:

• Connect to your NAS over SSH
  • Load cdc-acm kernel module (when nas restart need to run this command) insmod /usr/local/modules/cdc-acm.ko
  • Find USB devices attached. Type command: ls /dev/tty* The above command should show you any USB devices plugged into your NAS. If you have more than one, you may get multiple items returned. Like : ttyACM0
  • Run Docker command: docker run --init --name home-assistant --net=host --privileged -itd -v /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/Public/homeassistant/config:/config -e variable=TZ -e value=Europe/Rome --device /dev/ttyACM0 homeassistant/home-assistant

The configuration.yaml file than, has been modified adding these lines:

zwave:
  usb_path: /dev/ttyACM0

Restarting the homeassistant, I get these systematic errors in the log and can’t manage the zwave from the configuration UI.

2019-06-12 21:48:08 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.config_entries] Error setting up entry Z-Wave (import from configuration.yaml) for zwave
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/openzwave/option.py”, line 78, in init
raise ZWaveException(u"Can’t find device %s : %s" % (device, traceback.format_exception(*sys.exc_info())))
openzwave.object.ZWaveException: “Zwave Generic Exception : Can’t find device /dev/ttyACM0 : [‘NoneType: None\n’]”

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/src/app/homeassistant/config_entries.py”, line 273, in async_setup
hass, self)
File “/usr/src/app/homeassistant/components/zwave/init.py”, line 282, in async_setup_entry
config_path=config.get(CONF_CONFIG_PATH))
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/openzwave/option.py”, line 81, in init
raise ZWaveException(u"Error when retrieving device %s : %s" % (device, traceback.format_exception(*sys.exc_info())))
openzwave.object.ZWaveException: ‘Zwave Generic Exception : Error when retrieving device /dev/ttyACM0 : [‘Traceback (most recent call last):\n’, ’ File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/openzwave/option.py”, line 78, in init\n raise ZWaveException(u"Can\‘t find device %s : %s" % (device, traceback.format_exception(*sys.exc_info())))\n’, ‘openzwave.object.ZWaveException: “Zwave Generic Exception : Can\'t find device /dev/ttyACM0 : [\‘NoneType: None\\\\n\’]”\n’]’

I’ve tried my times to configure the aeotec stick, just removing it, removing the cdc-acm kernel module, removing the second homeassistant docker image with no changes.

Any idea from your side please?

Your help is appreciated.

Thank you.

I had a similar issue recently updating to 0.94.1 in docker. I pieced together the following from a few different posts on here.

I deleted the zwave integration. Go into your .storage folder where your config is. Delete the zwave integration from core.config_entries file and save it.

In your configuration.yaml file, only include zwave: (do not include the usb path).

Restart homeassistant.

Then go to configuration on the home page, select integrations, and add back zwave. Enter the usb path on that page.

That worked for me after getting the same errors you pasted. I too run HA 0.94.1 in docker. Good luck

Hello,
Thank you for your feedback.

I did what you reported but I’m still getting the same error :frowning:

I don’t know what I can do in order to configure my zwave network.

Just a check:
I see my container station has two homeassistant instances running.

Is it right?

The second instance has been created by the following command:

docker run --init --name home-assistant --net=host --privileged -itd -v /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/Public/homeassistant/config:/config -e variable=TZ -e value=Europe/Rome --device /dev/ttyACM0 homeassistant/home-assistant

as per instructions about HA installation on QNAP docker I found on the web.

Thank you for your support!
Emiliano

You definitely don’t want 2 of them running. I would stop one of them (make sure restart isn’t set).

Does your core.config_entries file reference zwave?

Hello,
I’m still getting the same error.

Could you please give me the sequence commands you have run in order to:

• install home assistant on docker
  • configure the system so that the AEOTEC zwave USB stick is correctly detected by home assistant?

I have followed some links on the web but probably they are wrong or I did some mistakes.

Thank you so much.
Emiliano

Double check your path. Try running hassio hardware info and make sure /dev/ttyACM0 is listed in the serial section. I did the same thing and mine is actually /dev/ttyUSB0. Once I changed that and restarted, mine showed right up.