Error - [supervisor.host.sound] Update PulseAudio information Failed to load cookie file from cookie: No such file or directory

20-03-04 18:55:14 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.host.sound] Update PulseAudio information
Failed to load cookie file from cookie: No such file or directory

Has anyone else seen this error? As far as I know, it first appeared with the upgrade to Supervisor 207. I am running HA 0.106.5. I searched but couldn’t find anything. Thanks.

After posting, I did find this:

I am experiencing it on a Raspberry Pi with the Hass.io Home Assistant standard package install (not installed on Raspian, etc.)

Looks like this is already being addressed:

I’d say this is unrelated.

Bummer. I saw the cookie exclusion and assumed it would address the error.

After updating to 208, I am not getting the error any more.

This is the best error message LOL. Seeing this in 106.5 too.

I do think the Supervisor 208 update fixes the issue (at least if running HassOS, Supervisor, and Home Assistant on a Pi.

This is the line that was changed that removes the cookie reference that was causing the error:
auth-cookie-enabled=0

load-module module-native-protocol-unix auth-anonymous=1 auth-cookie-enabled=0 socket=/data/internal/pulse.sock

This error appeared in Supervisor 207 and was corrected in Supervisor 208 within a few hours. I rebooted the Pi (not just Home Assistant) after uprading to Supervisor 208. No more errors.

1 Like

I’m running HA 106.5 with Supervisor 208 an seeing this:

20-03-05 17:46:36 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.host.sound] Update PulseAudio information

Gary, have you rebooted the underlying system after upgrading to Supervisor 208? Are you running on a Pi? Thanks!

I haven’t rebooted the host. I’m running Ubuntu on a NUC.

System Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS same problem

Supervisor at 209, rebooted host, and error still persists.

Excuse my ignorance, where do you see what version of supervisor is running? It came up once in the installed add on modules, but is not there anymore?

Thanks for that, god I’m an idiot… Looked everywhere except there… :roll_eyes:

I have (still) same issue on 208 supervisor / 0.107.1

Error gone in my installation running 107.1 with Supervisor 209.

Got 209, same error.

Funny thing: after reboot, no error so far.

Seeing it on 0.107.7 with supervisor 214.