Error updating from 2023.6.3 to 2023.7.1

My Home Assitnat Supervisor (running on the PineA64 SBC with DietPi and Docker) was running fine for a year, but I had to shut it down for more than a month due to travel. Now it still runs OK, but with the notifications that there’s available Core Update 2023.7.2 and Supervisor Update 2023.07.1. Trying to run either update getting errors, with the Supervisor update being:

Error: Update of Supervisor failed: Can't install ghcr.io/home-assistant/aarch64-hassio-supervisor:2023.07.1: 500 Server Error for http+docker://localhost/v1.43/images/ghcr.io/home-assistant/aarch64-hassio-supervisor:2023.07.1/json: Internal Server Error ("readlink /var/lib/docker/overlay2: invalid argument")

Anyone could advise how to fix this?

Have the same problem… Any solutions?

No, still the same. And seems nobody is looking in here…

Probably has to do with this breaking change in the 2023.7.1 release notes:

As of this release, we no longer publish our intermediate platform images to DockerHub. This means that if you are using these images, you will no longer receive updates. Please use the above-listed images instead.

Thank you @francisp for noting this! I don’t quite understand, though, what do I have to do in my situation to upgrade to 2023.7.x, while the “Update” links on GUI no longer work. Are there CLI commands to do the update/upgrade, where I can explicitly specify the image referred in the release note?..

Try

docker pull home-assistant/aarch64-hassio-supervisor:latest

do you get any errors ?

Same boat here.

I use this Docker image and now stuck on 2023.6.3 : Docker

Can I just directly replace that with ghcr.io/home-assistant/home-assistant ?

Hi @francisp , sorry was away, only now was able to try, and got this error:

Error response from daemon: pull access denied for home -assistant/aarch64-hassio-supervisor, repository does not exist or may require ‘docker login’: denied: request access to the resource is denied

I’m not quite sure what ‘docker login’ means here, I’ve run SSH to the Pine64 board with the root login. Or there’s a separate ‘docker login’ credentials somewhere?

repository does not exist , so maybe

docker pull home-assistant/hassio-supervisor:latest

same error

Do I need to cd to somewhere?

The only thing I can still think of is

ha supervisor repair

Command completed successfully

But this still didn’t resolve the upgrading to 2023.7.1 issue…

Oh, it is working now - just removed the dash between home-assistan, the command is

docker pull homeassistant/aarch64-hassio-supervisor:latest

Currently pulling/downloading, will let you know how it ends

Something’s wrong, after restarting I can no longer connect to the Home Assistant?!..

After docker pull, you should have done

ha supervisor update

before the reboot.

I’ve rerun

docker pull ghcr.io/home-assistant/home-assistant:stable

as per Release Notes for 2023.7 Breaking Changes

After few restarts all seem good - Curent version is 2023.8.0, Supervisor at 2023.07.1, ESPHome at 2023.7.1 too. Everything seems running fine.

Hi @chanster , seems

docker pull ghcr.io/home-assistant/home-assistant:stable

do the trick

Thanks! So you were able to change your repository from “ghcr.io/home-assistant/aarch64-hassio-supervisor” directly to “ghcr.io/home-assistant/home-assistant:stable” without breaking anything?

My current repository is Docker

@chanster Yes, correct. Everything seems working ok, though I don’t have much on it yet, still experimenting - a few Xiaomi sensors with custom FW under BTHome, a Hi-Link LD2410 BLE Human presense radar, and an ESPHome integration with a test RPi2040 W…

I’ve just updated it to 2023.8.1, using the app on my Android phone, without problems too. So seem it’s safe to switch to ghcr.io/home-assistant/home-assistant:stable, as recommended by the Release Notes.