Error updating home assistant operating system

Hello, I am a newbie on HA so I bought a HA green. The following days, I got an update message from 11.4 to 11.5. When I tried to install the update, I received an error message as follows:

`Logger: homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection
Source: components/websocket_api/commands.py:239
integration: Home Assistant WebSocket API (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 11:39:29 AM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 11:39:29 AM

[281472307912384] Error updating Home Assistant Operating System: ‘OSManager.update’ blocked from execution, no supervisor internet connection
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/hassio/update.py”, line 213, in async_install
await async_update_os(self.hass, version)
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/hassio/handler.py”, line 59, in _wrapper
data = await funct(*argv, **kwargs)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/hassio/handler.py”, line 226, in async_update_os
return await hassio.send_command(
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/hassio/handler.py”, line 593, in send_command
raise HassioAPIError(error.get(ATTR_MESSAGE))
homeassistant.components.hassio.handler.HassioAPIError: ‘OSManager.update’ blocked from execution, no supervisor internet connection

The above exception was the direct cause of the following exception:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/websocket_api/commands.py”, line 239, in handle_call_service
response = await hass.services.async_call(
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py”, line 2543, in async_call
response_data = await coro
^^^^^^^^^^
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py”, line 2580, in _execute_service
return await target(service_call)
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/service.py”, line 971, in entity_service_call
single_response = await _handle_entity_call(
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/service.py”, line 1043, in _handle_entity_call
result = await task
^^^^^^^^^^
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/update/init.py”, line 162, in async_install
await entity.async_install_with_progress(version, backup)
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/update/init.py”, line 466, in async_install_with_progress
await self.async_install(version, backup)
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/hassio/update.py”, line 215, in async_install
raise HomeAssistantError(
homeassistant.exceptions.HomeAssistantError: Error updating Home Assistant Operating System: ‘OSManager.update’ blocked from execution, no supervisor internet connection`

Would you be able to help resolve this issue? I tried rebooting several times and logging in and out but didn’t fix it. There are no restrictions in the router as far as protocols or devices are concerned…

the error you’re getting looks pretty similar to this:

maybe the solution there would help you?

You need to be connected to the internet to update.

If you are connected then it is highly likely to be a DNS issues as suggested above.

Hello, I tried to look for a DNS setting in my Huawei B310As router but there is none. The ISP may have locked it. I may have to reset to factory setting as others have done. Thanks for helping guys.

i’m kinda doubtful that it’s locked by the isp. it’s almost always in the router…
check this video for huawei routers. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLEJOh6pi7g

it’s crazy that the dns setting is there but hidden and you have to jump into chrome console. maybe a good reason to not get huawei…