Error when adding Frigate to Home Assistant Core via HACS: Error: Config flow could not be loaded

Hello all,

I am currently running HA Core (2023.6.1) as a container on a Zimaboard with CasaOS. Additionally I have MQTT and Frigate containers that are correctly communicating between each other.

I installed the HACS integration and within HACS was able to add the Frigate integration. After a restart I want to then add/configure the integration get an error:

Settings> Devices and Services> Add integration> Frigate

Error: Config flow could not be loaded: 500 Internal Server Error Server got itself in trouble

In the log I have:

homeassistant.requirements.RequirementsNotFound: Requirements for frigate not found: [‘pytz==2022.7’].

Frigate Documentation

Other items to note:

• In HA I already have MQTT configured
  • Frigate is connected to MQTT (within MQTT Explored I see the frigate topics)
  • In Frigate I see the live IP Camera output

Any thoughts on this error?

Thanks!

This is your problem, but unsure why pytz can’t or hasn’t been loaded. You have restarted home assistant?

Fixed by adding the environment variables to my HA docker container as mentioned in:

DOCKER_MODS=linuxserver/mods:universal-package-install
INSTALL_PIP_PACKAGES=pytz==2022.7

Are you using the linuxserver container? If so, why?

@nickrout

@blakeblackshear I believe explains this best in the github thread I posted to.

He doesn’t explain why someone would use the linuxserver image instead of the supported image.