Error when configuring Plex Server

I was prompted to configure my Plex Server thru a Hassio Notification, but I’m having issue configuring it.

I key in my X-Plex-Token (the numbers and text key, no URLs) that I got via the ‘view xml’ method. I have both ‘Use SSL’ and ‘Do not verify SSL’ both set to false.

When I click ‘confirm’, i get the following error:

“Failed to call service configurator/configure. invalid boolean value”

I’ve tried variations of the SSL settings, and tried including the URL as part of the token, but still can’t get it to go thru.

Any pointers as to what I should be looking for?

1 Like

Same here, tried a fresh new installation and get the same error message every time!

1 Like

It happens to me also. It really seems a bug. The error message is related to the “Use SSL” field (we’d probably get the same error by the next field but “Use SSL” triggers the error first). I tried with other values for “Use SSL”. Any boolean value (true, false, on, off) returns the error “invalid boolean value None”. If, for example, I try writing “test” as a value, I get this error: “invalid boolean value test”. Seems like boolean values get lost (transformed into null or empty string) and other strings are kept but, of course, they are not accepted as booleans.

Same issue here, hopefully it will get fixed

same here. tried with:

1,0,true,false,True,False and variations with " and ’

no luck yet.

2019-07-04 11:15:20 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection.1924328464] invalid boolean value "false"
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/websocket_api/commands.py", line 121, in handle_call_service
    connection.context(msg))
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1150, in async_call
    self._execute_service(handler, service_call))
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1172, in _execute_service
    await handler.func(service_call)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/configurator/__init__.py", line 221, in async_handle_service_call
    call.data.get(ATTR_FIELDS, {}))
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 57, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/plex/media_player.py", line 243, in plex_configuration_callback
    cv.boolean(data.get('has_ssl')),
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/config_validation.py", line 95, in boolean
    raise vol.Invalid('invalid boolean value {}'.format(value))
voluptuous.error.Invalid: invalid boolean value "false"
2019-07-04 11:15:24 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection.1924328464] invalid boolean value "false"
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/websocket_api/commands.py", line 121, in handle_call_service
    connection.context(msg))
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1172, in _execute_service
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/configurator/__init__.py", line 221, in async_handle_service_call
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/plex/media_player.py", line 243, in plex_configuration_callback
    cv.boolean(data.get('has_ssl')),
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/config_validation.py", line 95, in boolean
voluptuous.error.Invalid: invalid boolean value "false"
2019-07-04 11:15:50 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection.1924328464] invalid boolean value None
    connection.context(msg))
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/plex/media_player.py", line 244, in plex_configuration_callback
    cv.boolean(data.get('do_not_verify')),
voluptuous.error.Invalid: invalid boolean value None

Got it fixed!! If you are running hassio on a Raspberry Pi, go to your plex server - Settings - Network, and inside the network options scroll down to “List of IP adresses and Networks allowed without autentication” (or something like that, depends on your languaje, mine is in spanish) and inser your Pi´s internal ip (192.168.XX.XXX) -no port-. And thats it, now works flawlesly. Be sure to set the router to always give the same ip to your Pi

3 Likes

Selecci%C3%B3n_916

there is something weird on /usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/plex/media_player.py

both type fields are empty, which i suspect is an error.

i’ll give it a try, nice workaround.

Tried, did not work for me still get error “Failed to call service configurator/configure. invalid boolean value”

1 Like

Same issue here, tried all possible boolean values, on, true, 1, yes, false, no, off, 0,…

Anyone ever figure this out? Tried everything mentioned and I am still unable to get this to work.

1 Like

I just did this from above and Plexmedia players show up without having to use the config

go to your plex server - Settings - Network, and inside the network options scroll down to “List of IP adresses and Networks allowed without autentication” (or something like that, depends on your languaje, mine is in spanish) and inser your Pi´s internal ip (192.168.XX.XXX) -no port-. And thats it, now works flawlesly. Be sure to set the router to always give the same ip to your Pi

3 Likes

still no luck here with last version!

1 Like

hey guys I was running into the same thing and it was driving me nuts. I did what Kelvin suggested from the Plex side going into Settings > Network > and in the list of IP addresses and Networks allowed without authentication I put in my HassIO internal ip.

It still did not work though, that is until I restarted HASS then my plex showed up and connected. Hopefully that works for you guys.

1 Like

still not working here any luck ? :confused:

Have you tried my workaround?

I’ve made some changes to the Plex component for the upcoming 0.100 release that will automate most of the setup if your server has been “claimed” by a Plex account. If there’s anyone willing to test the new functionality in the 0.100b that comes out tomorrow (Wednesday, Oct 2), I’d love to get feedback before the official release a week later.

I´d like to test it!

Where can i get it?

Once the 0.100 beta is released (expected later today) and if you’re comfortable running a beta, you can follow the instructions in the documentation.

For Hass.io you can use these: https://www.home-assistant.io/hassio/installation/#run-the-beta-version-on-hassio
For venv-type installations you can use these: https://www.home-assistant.io/docs/installation/updating/