Error with 2021.5.5 ( AttributeError: module 'code' has no attribute 'InteractiveConsole')

Hi All -

Having a strange error that I can’t get to the bottom of. I am running Home Assistant Operating System on a RPI 4.

My installation is working ok, but I noticed that the ‘Check Configuration’ button under ‘Configuration’ → ‘Server Controls’ hangs, and the ‘Restart Server’ link fails. Looking at the log files, I see this error at startup:

2021-05-28 17:43:57 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup failed for zeroconf: unknown error

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/setup.py", line 200, in _async_setup_component

component = integration.get_component()

File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/loader.py", line 485, in get_component

cache[self.domain] = importlib.import_module(self.pkg_path)

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/importlib/__init__.py", line 127, in import_module

return _bootstrap._gcd_import(name[level:], package, level)

File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1014, in _gcd_import

File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 991, in _find_and_load

File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 975, in _find_and_load_unlocked

File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 671, in _load_unlocked

File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap_external>", line 783, in exec_module

File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 219, in _call_with_frames_removed

File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zeroconf/__init__.py", line 14, in <module>

from pyroute2 import IPRoute

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pyroute2/__init__.py", line 104, in <module>

from pyroute2.cli.console import Console

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pyroute2/cli/console.py", line 14, in <module>

class Console(code.InteractiveConsole):

AttributeError: module 'code' has no attribute 'InteractiveConsole'

But I am having trouble understanding where it is coming from - I assume it is some interaction with another addon or integration. If I recover from my last full snapshot (2021.3.2) everything works perfectly. If I then just update to 2021.5.5 (leaving all other addons and config the same), I get the error again. I have tried a complete clean install and recovery from the snapshot, but see the same behaviour on upgrading home assistant.

I’m unsure how to even begin investigating - any ideas?

TIA.

It looks like InteractiveConsole is stripped out of the stdlib code module, or there is a naming conflict.

The pyroute2 (looks like the version is <= 0.5.18) catches only the ImportError exception in this code block, not the AttributeError, thus the failure.

On the pyroute2 side I can fix that in the coming release next Monday, but I have no idea when the HomeAssistant developers will integrate that.

Bug-Url: fix code.InteractiveConsole import · Issue #812 · svinota/pyroute2 · GitHub