Error with Netatmo component after updating to 0.60.1?

I have a Netatmo thermostat that have worked fine using HASS.io running on a Rpi3. I recently updated to 0.60.1 and have started to get errors:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/setup.py", line 193, in _async_setup_component
    component.setup, hass, processed_config)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/asyncio/futures.py", line 332, in __iter__
    yield self  # This tells Task to wait for completion.
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/asyncio/tasks.py", line 250, in _wakeup
    future.result()
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/asyncio/futures.py", line 245, in result
    raise self._exception
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 56, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/netatmo.py", line 55, in setup
    'read_station read_camera access_camera '
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/lnetatmo.py", line 74, in __init__
    self._accessToken = resp['access_token']
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not subscriptable
2018-01-10 20:26:33 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup of climate is taking over 10 seconds.
2018-01-10 20:26:33 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Unable to setup dependencies of climate.netatmo. Setup failed for dependencies: netatmo
2018-01-10 20:26:33 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Unable to prepare setup for platform climate.netatmo: Could not setup all dependencies.
2018-01-10 20:26:36 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup of sensor is taking over 10 seconds.
2018-01-10 20:26:36 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup of media_player is taking over 10 seconds.
2018-01-10 20:26:36 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup of device_tracker is taking over 10 seconds.
2018-01-10 20:26:52 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup of tts is taking over 10 seconds.
2018-01-10 20:26:54 ERROR (SyncWorker_4) [homeassistant.components.sensor.darksky] Unable to connect to Dark Sky. HTTPSConnectionPool(host='api.darksky.net', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /forecast/044291b083fbd55d19dd35f3e460a04d/57.598138,18.456705?units=si (Caused by NewConnectionError('<urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x709706b0>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno -3] Try again',))
2018-01-10 20:26:55 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.sensor.yr] Retrying in 15 minutes: Cannot connect to host aa015h6buqvih86i1.api.met.no:443 ssl:True [Try again]
2018-01-10 20:27:16 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.media_player] Setup of platform cast is taking over 10 seconds.

Anyone knows what could be the issue?

Tried to downgrade to v.0.60 but got the same issue so maybe it’s not v.0.60.1 fault…

Tried to reinstall the Netatmo component and generated new api key and secret key but still get the same error:

File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/setup.py", line 193, in _async_setup_component
    future.result()
    raise self._exception
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/netatmo.py", line 55, in setup

This worked recently? I don’t think I have made any changes in my configuration recently?

Hi! I just got a Netatmo weather station and set it up working fine in the netatmo app, created the “app” at https://dev.netatmo.com/myaccount/and added below config to my hassio 0.60.1

netatmo:
api_key: 5a5a7cc40d0e234XXXXXXXXX
secret_key: lelPO7PDWUJ08QPISEgNWTdNhpXXXXXXXXX
username: [email protected]
password: XXXXXXXX

2018-01-13 22:42:30 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Error during setup of component netatmo
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/setup.py”, line 193, in _async_setup_component
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/asyncio/futures.py”, line 332, in iter
yield self # This tells Task to wait for completion.
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/asyncio/tasks.py”, line 250, in _wakeup
future.result()
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/asyncio/futures.py”, line 245, in result
raise self._exception
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/concurrent/futures/thread.py”, line 56, in run
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/netatmo.py”, line 55, in setup
'read_station read_camera access_camera ’
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/lnetatmo.py”, line 74, in init
self._accessToken = resp[‘access_token’]
TypeError: ‘NoneType’ object is not subscriptable

Just found the issue.

In the app (or on the web) you need to give each component a unic name then it will work. Default both indoor and outdoor units are called “noname”

I just have a Netatmo thermostat so there shouldn’t be any duplicates?

Dont know about them. Is there a name tonart for them? Perhaps the default name that is not accepted?

Changed all different settings to different names but still get error:

future.result()
    raise self._exception

I don’t have a fix but I wanted to add I also have this issue but with the weather station. After upgrade it appears HASSIO cannot connect to the Neatmo API. This has happened so far with all upgrades I’ve attempted (0.58 to .59 and 0.60 to 0.60.1). A clean install of HASSIO, reinstalling addons and pasting my configuration file has solved the issue both times.

I also noticed that after upgrade the system fails to connect to the yr.no API - “Retrying in 15 minutes: Cannot connect to host aa015h6buqvih86i1.api.met.no:443 ssl:True [Try again]”. I see this is listed in the OP’s first log. Is there an issue with accessing external API’s after upgrade?

Tried to do a fresh install of Hass.io following @chuchy but even after this I get errors in the log after including the netatmo component.

For me, Netatmo is not working (not showing the card) after upgrading from 0.60 to 0.61.1

I don’t get anything in the log (error level ‘warning’). The card just does not show anymore.

I have not made any changes in config between upgrades.

I can’t find any developer page for the Netatmo component to open a issue?

Has there been any progress on this?

I get the same error, but only intermittently. When restarting Hass.io it connects to Netatmo in about 60% of the cases. Otherwise, I get the same error as posted above and then have to restart the container.

I installed Hass.io a few weeks ago on a C.H.I.P computer, starting with version 0.62.0, and it’s still happening now on 0.64.0.