Error with templating. Need help

Hey guys, I am getting this error

TypeError: list indices must be integers, not str
17-01-25 21:52:47 homeassistant.core: Invalid service data for light.turn_on: None for dictionary value @ data['rgb_color']. Got '33,12,255'

when i run this script.

kitchen_stay_on:
    alias: "Keep kitchen on but change color"
    sequence:
      - service: light.turn_on
        data_template:
          entity_id: light.kitchen
          rgb_color: >
            {% if is_state('light.television', 'on') %}
              {%set values = states.light.television.attributes.rgb_color %}
              {{values[0]}},{{values[1]}},{{values[2]}}
            {% endif %}

Itā€™s telling me that it needs to be a integer and not a string but iā€™m lost at what to do.

if anyone could help me out that would be great.
Thanks

Please use the preformatted option when posting your code; it helps others to see spacing and formatting correctly.

In your post editor, select the code block and press this button to use the preformatted text option:

Fixed. Thank you.

well, for the first error, that is pretty simple, you are using the service light.turn_off and you are trying to pass it an rgb_color, which it cannot take.

I think the only way to resolve that is to not try to template your services inside the script and instead template your call to a given script.

For the 2nd error, it looks like states.light.television.attributes.rgb_color returns (R, G, B) instead of [R, G, B] (I donā€™t have any light components, so I canā€™t confirm). You can get around this with some string formatting.

{%set values = states.light.television.attributes.rgb_color.strip('()').split(',') %}
[{{values[0]}},{{values[1]}},{{values[2]}}]
1 Like

You helped me with the first error and almost the second. I updated the OP if you could help again.

Thanks

I believe you can either use int(values[0]) or values[0]|int to cast from string to int.

Unfortunately I am still getting the ā€œNone for dictionary value @ data[ā€˜rgb_colorā€™]ā€ error.

I donā€™t think you can programmatically access color settings in lights.