Error: Z-Wave JS Retrying setup: Z-Wave JS Server version is incompatible: {0} a version is required that supports at least api schema {1}

Problem: Integration Z-Wave JS displays Error “Retrying setup: Z-Wave JS Server version is incompatible: 1.15.0 a version is required that supports at least api schema 17

Problem first occured when updating Home Assistant OS to 2022.5.x. Few other components have also been. updated. There should have been taken a backup for each update, but restore to any incremental backups fails.

Prior to the last updates system was working normally.

Zigbee integration works normally.

Installation type: Home Assistant OS
Home Assistant version: core-2022.6.0
Home Assistant log:

Logger: homeassistant.config_entries
Source: config_entries.py:370
First occurred: 9:23:02 PM (6 occurrences)
Last logged: 10:44:16 PM

Config entry 'Z-Wave JS' for zwave_js integration not ready yet: Z-Wave JS Server version is incompatible: 1.15.0 a version is required that supports at least api schema 17; Retrying in background
Config entry 'SAGEM F@ST3686' for upnp integration not ready yet: Error connecting to device at location: http://192.168.0.1:80/RootDevice.xml, err: ('[Errno 104] Connection reset by peer', None); Retrying in background

Z-Wave JS version 0.1.60
Z-Wave JS Log:

s6-rc: info: service s6rc-oneshot-runner: starting
s6-rc: info: service s6rc-oneshot-runner successfully started
s6-rc: info: service fix-attrs: starting
s6-rc: info: service fix-attrs successfully started
s6-rc: info: service legacy-cont-init: starting
cont-init: info: running /etc/cont-init.d/config.sh
[22:28:33] INFO: Both 'network_key' and 's0_legacy_key' are set and match. All ok.
[22:28:34] INFO: Virtual Machine not detected, enabling soft-reset
cont-init: info: /etc/cont-init.d/config.sh exited 0
cont-init: info: running /etc/cont-init.d/structure.sh
cont-init: info: /etc/cont-init.d/structure.sh exited 0
s6-rc: info: service legacy-cont-init successfully started
s6-rc: info: service legacy-services: starting
services-up: info: copying legacy longrun zwave_js (no readiness notification)
s6-rc: info: service legacy-services successfully started
[22:28:36] INFO: Successfully send discovery information to Home Assistant.
2022-06-01T20:28:39.716Z DRIVER   ███████╗ ██╗    ██╗  █████╗  ██╗   ██╗ ███████╗             ██╗ ███████╗
                                  ╚══███╔╝ ██║    ██║ ██╔══██╗ ██║   ██║ ██╔════╝             ██║ ██╔════╝
                                    ███╔╝  ██║ █╗ ██║ ███████║ ██║   ██║ █████╗   █████╗      ██║ ███████╗
                                   ███╔╝   ██║███╗██║ ██╔══██║ ╚██╗ ██╔╝ ██╔══╝   ╚════╝ ██   ██║ ╚════██║
                                  ███████╗ ╚███╔███╔╝ ██║  ██║  ╚████╔╝  ███████╗        ╚█████╔╝ ███████║
                                  ╚══════╝  ╚══╝╚══╝  ╚═╝  ╚═╝   ╚═══╝   ╚══════╝         ╚════╝  ╚══════╝
2022-06-01T20:28:39.726Z DRIVER   version 9.3.0
2022-06-01T20:28:39.727Z DRIVER   

Nodes in Z-Wave JS work normally.

Please help.

having same issue after upgrading to 2022.6,
any idea?

1 Like

Update your addons/containers to the latest version.

1 Like

i cant see that option there ie upgrade…or where i can find it? its not directly in the addon

if i go to addon store there is

its confusing … isnt it the same? why there is an install option not upgradE?

You need to re-add the community repo for your addons.

1 Like

i think so but no idea where to get it …
i tried

but doesnt work

this one also doesnt work

https://addons.community/#installation

1 Like

thank you!

1 Like

I’m seeing the same issue. I’m running " Home Assistant Core 2022.6.2". On another host I run jwavejs2mqtt in docker-compose, version “zwavejs2mqtt: 6.9.1, zwave-js: 9.2.2”. 6.9.1 is the “latest” release according to Releases · zwave-js/zwavejs2mqtt · GitHub

Not sure where you’re seeing that 6.9.1 is the latest? 6.11.0 has been out for 10 days, 6.10 before that for 13 days.

sudo docker-compose pull && sudo docker-compose up -d to update your container.

Thank you! I missed the docker-compose up -d step. I did that and now it’s working fine.

2 Likes

Hi @firstof9,

Thank you for your responses!
Can you tell if re-assing the Z-wave JS repo will reset all added Z-wave devices so that they will need to be re-added as well? This of course would be quite unfortunate given the number of devices one may have configured…

Why would it reset the devices?

@firstof9, what I wrote could be misunderstood. I did not mean resetting actual devices. I meant to ask if there is a danger of z-wave devices to disappear in Home Assistant so that they will need to be re-added.

Only if you’ve hard reset your zwave stick.

1 Like

@all The original issue is resolved by first removing the Z-wave addon and integrations and reinstalling them.

A side effect of this procedure is that all automations missed trigger, condition and action references. An automation like that would display “unknown action” for action. In YAML format I can see type, device_id, entity_id and domain properties defined. The automation would no work however. @firstof9 It looks like entity_id values have changed after re-installation and healing. Is this to be expected? What can be other reasons?

Yes because you nuked the integration thus, nuking all the entities.

Your “solution” isn’t the correct one, all you needed to do was update the addon, never remove the integration.